Windshield Fitting

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

John Vardanian

Windshield Fitting

Post by John Vardanian »

Is it easier to fit the glass and seal along with the chrome bezel (altogether) or is it better to fit the glass and seal first then snap in the bezel? My glass guy wants to do the latter, but, I remember removing the glass, seal and bezel, all together. Would appreciate some experienced advice. Thanks.

john
PF Coupe
Timo

Re: Windshield Fitting

Post by Timo »

Assuming the car in question is a PF C. or GTL and assuming trim molding is embedded to rubber seal in similar fashion as it is in Daytona, all three (glass, seal & molding) are assembled and then installed together.

A lot of different variations do exist, depending on make/model/year/etc.

Finally, assuming my above assessment applies and your glass guy has seen the set-up, it might be advisable to look for another (more experienced) installer.
Timo
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Thanks Timo. I tend to think that is the way to do it as well, since that is how it came out.

john
PF Coupe
tyang

Post by tyang »

It is impossible (at least in my opinion) to install the chrome trim after the windshield is installed. The pressure of the window frame against the gasket and the glass will not allow the chrome trim to go into the channel. There is a small groove the trim hooks into that keeps everything in place.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Thanks Tom. Hearing this from you and Timo gives me such relief. I stayed up at night worrying about bending those delicate bezels. I do remember removing both windows the tree pieces as one.

john
PF Coupe