330 gtc spare tire hold down

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Steve Meltzer

330 gtc spare tire hold down

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Finally decided to get the correct spare tire hold down bolt for my GTC. Ordered from Mr. Fiat, but the one he sent is about 1" too short. Now, maybe he sent the wrong one, but I wanted to be certain my tub looks to be correct. Here's a picture and it shows two rubber-covered wedges that look to be designed to keep the spare from unwanted movement but they do give sl. elevation to the spare. Is this correct (one is riveted in, the other probably was at one time)? Other vendors if Mr Fiat can't help? thanx steve
Attachments
IMG_2367.jpg
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
tyang

Re: 330 gtc spare tire hold down

Post by tyang »

Hi Steve,

Your trunk looks right to me! I have a couple of GTCs at my shop right now, and can measure the hold downs when I get a chance to give you an accurate length. I suspect the one you were sold was to another car. Maybe a 330GT 2+2. I know the length of the rod on a hold down varies from car to car. You can always have the rod extended by welding an inch to it.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Steve Meltzer

Re: 330 gtc spare tire hold down

Post by Steve Meltzer »

thanx Tom, i thought about welding it as well; it would give me the most expensive hold down on the planet. thanx steve
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."