GTE 60th Anniversary Road Trip!

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Tom Wilson

GTE 60th Anniversary Road Trip!

Post by Tom Wilson »

I wanted to make sure that you were all aware of the road trip that David Wheeler (GTE Newsletter) is organizing for next May. To date we have 22 cars, all GTEs or friends of GTEs, taking a five day trip from Radcliffe Motors in Rierstown Maryland, through a lot of scenic countryside and ending up at the FCA's Penn-Jersey Region's annual Concours in Skippack, Pennsylvania. Along the way we will be visiting automotive museums, Civil War battlefields, covered bridges and more, while driving through the nicest roads that anyone (ok, David) could find. There will be good food, nice driving and plenty of photo-ops for you and your car. Spouses are welcome!

For those who would like to extend the drive, later this month we will be announcing an extended stay in Pennsylvania, with opportunities to see stately homes, magnificent gardens, art museums, good food and of course, great roads.

And if all this was not enough, I am doing my darndest to get 4247 GT to Baltimore after only 19 years of restoration! You will have to see it to believe it... I hope to have big news on that front later this month.

For more information, contact David Wheeler at David@250gte.com. He can get you the schedule and answer your questions. Also, we are looking into sharing transporters to get your car to Baltimore and back.

Hope you can join us!
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com