Fuel line clamps on 330 GTC

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Steve Meltzer

Fuel line clamps on 330 GTC

Post by Steve Meltzer »

what kind of clamp do you use on the rubber hose lines to and fro' the e-fuel pump? I assume they are Corbin. Best source? (I did find them at Grainger)
thanx. s
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
John Vardanian

Re: Fuel line clamps on 330 GTC

Post by John Vardanian »

Steve, your post title says 330GTC, but it sounds like you might be working on a vintage Mustang. Fuel line hose clamps???

john
PF Coupe
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Mustang?! Mustang?! Ba Humbug, it's a Corvette! I got the car (yeah, it really is a GTC) with rubber hoses to and from the E-pump, so I assumed (yeah, stupidly, I know) that's the way it was supposed to be. Early this AM, i got a note from Tom Martinez pointing to TAV 37 and thus recommending the (expensive) yellow hose. I got it now. thanx, John. steve
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Yup, 9 bucks an inch, is it? Then you have the fittings and the ferrules... you'd better take out a home equity. Then, of course, the required tightening up of the sphincter as you are putting it together so you won't F it up.... :lol:

john
PF Coupe
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Jeez, John, I feel better already! (I thought the yellow hose was more than that!) Rubber hose it is...i'll leave the yellow hose to those more compulsive than I...if there are any. s
steve meltzer,
tyang

Post by tyang »

If you're going to use black rubber hose, I would highly recommend using some high quality hose instead of the cheap stuff from the auto parts store. Some of the hose, especially out back by the fuel pump, can see some high heat from the mufflers, and you risk a fire when the hose gets hot. The cheap hose hardens and cracks as it ages, and I'm sure heat expedites the aging. If you insist in using cheap hose, you need to check it every year.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Tom, I just can't understand why you'd think i would resort to cheap hose! s
steve meltzer,
tyang

Post by tyang »

Steve Meltzer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:07 am Tom, I just can't understand why you'd think i would resort to cheap hose! s
You said it, not me!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053