GTE from Charlotte NC

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Tom Wilson

GTE from Charlotte NC

Post by Tom Wilson »

Many years ago we were searching for this car that was spotted in North Carolina. It just popped up at Gullwing Motorcars and is 2325 GT, the Maranello Concessionaire's road tester. Anybody up for a project?
3.jpg
https://www.gullwingmotorcars.com/1961- ... c-4095.htm
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
enio45

Re: GTE from Charlotte NC

Post by enio45 »

another cool find!! go for it TOM!
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289
58 Ellena - 0855GT - orig drivetrain
87 El Camino SS
tyang

Post by tyang »

The sad story about this car is I heard about it four months ago and was trying to find a buyer for it privately. The price was a lot cheaper than what Gullwing is asking and it would have been a viable option without all this mark up. I even had someone from the UK come out and see the car, but the Corona Virus may have had the first buyer gun shy. Whatever the case, this is probably the third GTE that I found before Gullwing that I couldn't get sold before it was sent to Gullwing. All of them would have saved an end user a lot of money. What am I doing wrong?!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
enio45

Post by enio45 »

Tom,

Obviously, your trying to sell the car before you purchase it...and i have no issues with that - however..gullwing obviously has deep pockets, so they have the ability to buy the car on the spot, inventory it and do their thing.

For us little guys, we need the backup of a great deal of funds to be able to do this, sit on it and hope/work for a buyer down the road.

JMHO........
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289
58 Ellena - 0855GT - orig drivetrain
87 El Camino SS
tyang

Post by tyang »

I feel I'm simply trying to find end-users to buy these cars but they don't seem to be listening when I tell them it's a good deal! I chased one in Marquette a couple years ago and the same outcome of Gullwing buying the car and marketing it for substantially more money a few weeks later happened. That car has been sitting at the Gullwing warehouse for over a year with no takers because it's now prohibitively expensive to warrant a restoration. I feel the same thing is going to happen to this RHD GTE.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053