330 GTC project

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Wrigs2019

330 GTC project

Post by Wrigs2019 »

Curious to see what you guys think about the 330 GTC currently being auctioned on Bring a Trailer. Seems like a good candidate for restoration. I’m unfortunately only allowed one Ferrari project at a time.
66 330 GT 2+2 #9153
Steve Meltzer

Re: 330 GTC project

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Probably lots of us have been following this along. Seemingly largely original car, but many unknowns to be roadworthy. I'd be curious to know, given the info we all have, would you do a leak down? Go through the algorithm to see if could be started? Almost certainly, every system will need significant attention and evaluation. steve
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
tyang

Post by tyang »

Wrigs2019 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:21 pm Curious to see what you guys think about the 330 GTC currently being auctioned on Bring a Trailer. Seems like a good candidate for restoration. I’m unfortunately only allowed one Ferrari project at a time.
I love/hate BaT. I love it because it brings some interesting cars to market, but I hate it because it also brings out the punters that know nothing about these cars and find a need to comment that doesn't help the sale either way! I can see some familiar owners jumping into the fray, but why bother!?

Yes, and interesting project. It could be mechanically restored and driven as is, but it's a hard thing to resist not going the whole way. It'll be an interesting auction to watch.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Tom, as you know, I'm one of those owners who likes to "jump into" some discussions. Why? Because I can't help myself.
On the other hand, the site really thrives on the banter and might be more mundane and boring without it. I agree that 85% of the comments do not add knowledge to the auction, but there's no good way to block those out; just ask Mark Zuckerberg. s
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."