GT rear view mirror rubber bumper

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

enio45

GT rear view mirror rubber bumper

Post by enio45 »

Is there anyone make this little rubber bumper for the rear view mirror. It goes between the mirror post and the glass.

Have not seen it in the CICO list of parts, but have not asked them either.

Appreciate any advise - direction.

Not hard to make with the right material, just thought i'd buy one if they are available.
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289
58 Ellena - 0855GT - orig drivetrain
87 El Camino SS
John Vardanian

Re: GT rear view mirror rubber bumper

Post by John Vardanian »

Ed, I can't imagine someone marketing a part that is pretty easy to make. I made mine. You may find the material here:

https://www.mcmaster.com/polyurethane/a ... lor~black/

john
PF Coupe
tyang

Post by tyang »

John Vardanian wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:31 am Ed, I can't imagine someone marketing a part that is pretty easy to make. I made mine. You may find the material here:

https://www.mcmaster.com/polyurethane/a ... lor~black/

john
This forum collects quite a few "do-it-yourselfers," but you'd be surprised how many people either don't have the skills, time, or patience to make something like this. First you have to order the material, then you have to wait for it to arrive, chuck it in a lathe, turn it down to dimension, and then fit it to the mirror. I, along with others, would take satisfaction in making said part, but with the "Amazon Nation" we are living in, many more would just the same order the ready made part. How much Ed can charge on the other hand is the question. If I charged actual hours for my time fabricating every part I made for all my customers, I would have the reputation of being too expensive, but if you added up how much time it would take to make this particular part, including buying stock, storing inventory to sell maybe a dozen, packing them, taking them down to the PO to ship them...he's not going to get rich selling these, no matter how much he charges, so what's the motivation? Making parts to support the community and parts availability is noble, so I say go for it!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
enio45

Post by enio45 »

Thank guys - i was just thought id order 4-5 of them as they always look nicer than using the old smashed ones etc...and the old ones get dry and hard.

Some parts we fab here in AZ for resale when we can and to help the community when the need arises - there are a limited sources for 330 parts so if we can make a dozen when we do a run, it helps everyone.

Ill snap a pic and send to CICO and see if they make it for some other brand. I have found that the cico catalog is not alway correct for the model number they advertise, so looking at other cars, they do have them, just limited labeled.

John, so now your retired......u can make me 5 :-))))))

Ill keep you all posted.
Ed Montini
87 El Camino SS
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Ed, assuming your arrangement is something like mine, if you get a foot of the (close enough) rubber piping from McMaster, with a razorblade you can make a 100 of these in 10 minutes.

john
Attachments
DSC_1751_resize.JPG
PF Coupe
enio45

Post by enio45 »

Regarding this rubber bumper - im not familiar with all the Ferrari Models that use this bumper - SOOOOO

Can anyone respond with what they know for sure "which model" uses this

I know 330GT, GTC and GTS, JOHN - is your a PF application??, what others. ??

CICO as me this question, as they may make it if i send them a sample and i have another source that said they would make
100 or so.

Let me know please.......
Ed Montini
87 El Camino SS
enio45

Post by enio45 »

add 275 GTB to the list as well
Ed Montini
87 El Camino SS
enio45

Post by enio45 »

John is your pic a PF coupe or the lusso??
Ed Montini
87 El Camino SS
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Cornelis, ... Lusso.
PF Coupe