250 GTE Parts Catalogue thread

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

Re: 250 GTE Parts Catalogue thread

Post by tyang »

HI Andrew,

This obviously a SI 330 exploded view and very different to what is found on a GTE. The SI is also different from the SII 330s because it has a different stalk set up. SI cars have an overdrive switch on the right side of the steering column with the wiper switch found on the dash. The SII cars had a full 5 speed gearbox, so it eliminated the need for a overdrive switch. The right column switch became the wiper switch.

The GTEs had separate switches that were mounted on either side of the steering column that screwed into the column with bell shaped chrome housings.

The horn assemblies are similar, 10, 14, 15, and 34 are different from the GTE.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
ClassicParts

Post by ClassicParts »

Hi there guys

Sorry for the radio silence for a few days. We are in the middle of our annual stocktake, which with nearly 40,000 lines in stock, takes us a little while! Normal service and some more pages will be done next week. That and a promotional film crew arriving today in amongst everything!

Never a dull moment...

Andrew S.
ClassicParts

Post by ClassicParts »

Hello again

Back almost to normal service again. Had a good meeting with David Wheeler from the GTE Register a couple of days ago while he is in town for the latest race meeting at Goodwood. We have some more ideas to move this project forward as I hopefully now get more regular time to commit to it.

Anyway, a couple of more pages for people to check out. TAV 35 is the steering box page, which originally only was listed basically as a complete ZF part with few individual part numbers. Over the years, we've sourced or produced a number of rebuild parts for these, so they usually have our generic 'MC' part numbers. Tav 34 is the exhaust system page. Now, we need to think about showing the different versions of the system too, the early cars have the 6 into 1 system and the later cars have the more usual split manifolds. We need to work that in somehow I guess too!
Tav35.JPG
Tav35a.JPG
Tav35b.JPG
Tav35c.JPG
Tav34.JPG
Tav34a.JPG
ClassicParts

Post by ClassicParts »

Hello again

I'm taking this 'offline' for now as we have put together a small working group to move this forward. I'll try and keep occasional updates here so that you have something to look forward to!
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Hi Andrew, hopefully this may be of help in sourcing the seals for the ZF box. Keep up the good work!

john
Attachments
Picture1.jpg
PF Coupe
ClassicParts

Post by ClassicParts »

Hello again
Sorry for the apparent silence for some time, but been working with a small team of guys to progress this project forward and I'm now filling in some blanks on the books. Does someone have a 250 engine apart at the moment and can confirm some quantities of the studs/fasteners etc etc in some of the locations? You can email me at andrewstevens @ sytner.co.uk if you prefer and we'll work out which items I need number counts on!

Cheers to all

Andrew Stevens