Yellow Hoses Locations / lengths

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Rob330

Yellow Hoses Locations / lengths

Post by Rob330 »

Hello all, I am at the point of installing the yellow fuel lines under the hood of these cars . I have the the hoses in the rear by
the tank all figured out , but because I did not remove the hoses under the hood I am not quite sure where some of them go.
I don't have the engines in yet so I cannot fit them but I want to have them ready to put on once the engine is back in.

Can someone tell me the length of the yellow hose from the rear filter/ regulator ( mounted on the firewall )to the fuel rail
for the carbs.
Also the length from the front filter / regulator to the front of the carb fuel rail.
And lastly the length from the fuel pump to the front filter / regulator.

Both of my cars are 1964 330 GT's , 5393 and 5559 . They are early series one cars .

Something else I noticed in my research is some cars do not have a fuel filter/ regulator on the firewall so the line from the rear
electric pump goes straight to the back of the fuel rail for the carbs ? Is this something that people have removed or are there
some cars these were not put on at the factory ?

It appears my cars had 2 for each car because I have 4 filter assemblies that came with the cars .

Thanks for any help.

Rob
John Vardanian

Re: Yellow Hoses Locations / lengths

Post by John Vardanian »

Rob, I looked at some pictures of engine bays on the web for 330GT's without the secondary filter (at the bulkhead). The arrangement looks similar to my car's. My car is a 250GT/L. I failed to save the lengths when I was making these lines, but I can tell you that the distance between the coils is exactly 5mm. So, maybe you can figure out what you need from this picture. The top line goes from the fuel pump to the filter/reg, the next one goes from the fuel filter/reg to the front of the fuel rail, and the last one goes from the hard line at the bulkhead to the rear of the fuel rail. I got the hose from GT Car Parts in AZ. Good luck.

john
Attachments
IMG_1094v.JPG
PF Coupe
330GT

Post by 330GT »

The early 330 GTs had 2 fuel filter/regulators in the engine compartment. The original parts manual shows this configuration:
Picture2.jpg
By the time the interim model (4 HL,5 speed) manual (05/66) came out, Ferrari had eliminated the filter/regulator on the firewall.
Sometime later, they changed the fuel log to have a small return line from the rear of the log to the tank to keep fuel flowing all of the time, probably to help prevent vapor lock.

Some of the very early 330 GTs had a split fuel log. By split, it was in 3 sections, the first coming from the front filter feeding the front carb, a section of yellow hose, a second section feeding the middle carb, a section of yellow hose, a third section feeding the rear carb and being fed from the filter on the firewall:
RM20150907_(22).jpg
You can probably figure out some of the hoses by looking at your hose ends, comparing them to the ends of the hoses in the parts drawing.

A picture of 5393 hoses can be seen here:
http://www.330gt.com/Picture.html?image ... title=5393

5599 here:
http://www.330gt.com/Picture.html?image ... title=5559
Note the rubber section replacing the rear yellow hose in the log.

Both have the split log configuration.
Regards, Kerry
http://www.330gt.com 330 GT Registry
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari 250 PF Coupe 1643GT, 330 GT 2+2 8755GT, 308 GTS 23605
Rob330

Post by Rob330 »

Thank you for your help , I have it all figured out now. I also found I can buy complete hoses from Maranello Classics with new fittings very reasonably considering they are complete and bolt on.

I am going to do the brown hoses next by they are not hard to figure those ones out.

Thanks again, Rob.