The Blog has been Hacked

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

The Blog has been Hacked

Post by tyang »

Hi All,

Some of you may have been experiencing some strange things on this website where viewing the blog brings you to a pharmacutical website. I obviously would never do this, but please close this website window and try again. I am working on a solution, but please be patient. The type of hack can be found when you google "Word Press Redirect Hack" but how it inserted itself into the blog was through vulnerabilities in the blogging software I use. Cleaning out the malicious code will now be the challenge.

This is just one of many issues I've had to deal with on this website through the years, and it upsets me that there are people out there with such Mal-intent.

Please let me know if this redirect is happening all the time, and if it happens anywhere else besides the blog. I need to find the source of the hidden code imbedded inside my website, and it helps to know how it shows up on your personal computer. I saw the pharmaceutical website once on my personal web browser and have not had it return since. Does it happen on your computer all the time? The latest blog post was posted Feb 9th, 2022 about wrinkle painting exhausts. Can you see that post? I will be posting another blog post today announcing the hack.

If you are familiar with is Hack and can help in some way to clean up these files, let me know. I am not great at these things, and could use all the help I can get. Ironically, I looked into getting a service to help clean up the software on my website, and one of them said they were not accepting new clients due to the huge demand of hacked websites needing repair!

I need to find the strength (and time) to solve this problem. Thanks for your patience!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Terry Gardiner

Re: The Blog has been Hacked

Post by Terry Gardiner »

Hello Tom
I got the pharma website 2 days ago when linking from the home page ‘Blog’ picture to your blog.
When I switched to the drop-down menu of links and selected ‘Blog’ I got the blog page without a problem.
Today the home page picture link to the Blog worked fine.
Maybe this is a clue, maybe not.
Regards
Terry
Terry Gardiner
250GTE - #4681
365BB - #18131
Jumprun

Post by Jumprun »

No redirect problem for me.
Sorry about your troubles Tom.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Thanks guys for responding. It seems it's not consistent and does not appear all the time. I still want to eliminate this problem, but it will take time to eradicate the malicious code. Hopefully, you all will be able to access the blog while I find a solution.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
B24Spider

Post by B24Spider »

The site was hacked when I tried yesterday, but all seems fine today. Sorry you had to deal with it, and let us hope that's the last time.
-Steve
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Yes, it happened to me yesterday on the initial try, but not the second time. Today no problem.

john
PF Coupe
abrent

Post by abrent »

It was weird. No issues right now with PC and google. Earlier today (4Hrs ago) problem occurred on iphone on the native browser.
last couple of days problem with PC and google, but like others - hit it the first time and you get the dodgy site, back button, hit it again and you are o.k.
So their code is a bit crap - but yes annoying.
PSk

Post by PSk »

Hasn't happened this week for me

I think it only happened if I clicked on the blog image on the home page, but not if I selected the blog from the menu ... I think
Pete
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

As Pete suggested, i tried clicking on all of the ways to get to the Blog from the main page and did not have any issues. I have not seen the problem yet.
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
tyang

Post by tyang »

Thanks everyone for responding. I paid to have my hosting company locate and eradicate the malicious code. They told me a few lines of code were injected into my blogging software using a weakness in the software. There it sat for months until a bot found it and used it to insert the Pharma website. The had to find the lines of code, and delete them from the rest of the blogging software.

It's a shame for a website that is built purely for our passions in old Ferraris that we have to deal with hackers who just want to screw it all up! It can be demoralizing, but I hope it's now fixed.

Thanks for your patience and support!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053