R&R Daytona Fuse Cover Label

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Steve Meltzer

R&R Daytona Fuse Cover Label

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Does anyone have advice on removal of the the old (now damaged) label on one of my Daytona's fuse block covers? Looks, on first glance, to be glued. thanx steve
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
John Vardanian

Re: R&R Daytona Fuse Cover Label

Post by John Vardanian »

Steve, if it is glued (as opposed to riveted) you might try heating it slightly and prying it away with a razor blade. Be careful to not overheat and cause damage to the box itself. I would try hot water first before resorting to a heat gun. Good luck.

john
PF Coupe
330GT

Post by 330GT »

Teflon dental floss can be used behind a glued on item to 'saw' the glue. This works well with items glued with double stick foam like an emblem.
Perhaps it might work here. In any case, it won't hurt the item nor whatever its glued to.
Regards, Kerry
http://www.330gt.com 330 GT Registry
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari 250 PF Coupe 1643GT, 330 GT 2+2 8755GT, 308 GTS 23605
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

thanx guys! I'll call my dentist as soon as gets in. s
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

I used a single edge razor blade on a holder that you often see being used to R&R windshield registration and inspection stickers. A bit of elbow grease and it was off. Too lazy to go in the house for hot water or floss. Onward. thanx steve
steve meltzer,
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

I shoulda known that labels, at $20 each, were not going to be of much quality. Bingo, "a day late, and a dollar short". These were thin decals w/o much substance. Look worse than the one I replaced. "Caveat Emptor". s
steve meltzer,