Position of number plate

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Melchior

Position of number plate

Post by Melchior »

As the number plates in Austria are quite big it’s aesthetically painful fixing these to the GTE. I found a good solution for the rear plate but struggle with the one in the front. The best solution would be under the front bumper, but the plate would cover 3/4 of the two lower air inlets. My concern is that the reduced air flow might cause problems with overheating. Does anybody have experience with this?

My apologies for using a pic of the web but I wanted to show the difference between the sizes. The blue frame is what my number would be. Any comment highly appreciated, thank you.
Attachments
numberplate.jpeg
250 GTE #3631 (series Ii)
tyang

Re: Position of number plate

Post by tyang »

The only way to know is to try it! I have found the stock cooling system and 250 engine tend to run cooler than a 330. Idling in traffic with the stock fan seems to keep the car cool even though the design seems pretty inefficient. I have found the 330s, with a larger displacement with more heat to dissipate needs more help in traffic.

Good luck!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Melchior

Re: Position of number plate

Post by Melchior »

Thank you for this hint, I will follow your advice and try that. Best regards, Martin
250 GTE #3631 (series Ii)