330 GTC ON EBAY HURRY UP TOM!

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

vincent

330 GTC ON EBAY HURRY UP TOM!

Post by vincent »

hello,
does anybody know this car?
another project for the long winter nignts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEBWA%3AIT
mdstrib

Post by mdstrib »

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15470

See Gerald Roush's reply #22 on this thread in F-chat.
tyang

Post by tyang »

I'm not sure what I'll do when this car is done, but a GTC would be nice! I've basically resigned myself to never owning a Lusso considering what has happened to their prices in the last year or two! ...and to think we were complaining about how that barn-find-Lusso-wreck sold for $75K a few years ago! Who Knew!?

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
xs10shl

Post by xs10shl »

I drove up to Clear Lake to look at the car. In a nutshell, the car needs everything except a new exhaust.

On the plus side, surprisingly few parts are missing at first glance, given the overall condition of the car. (apart from the usual tools and books omission). Paint thickness gauge revealed a few potential trouble spots, and there were 2 big dents which needed repairing.

I'd buy it at 45K, just for the parts, but it's too much for me at 60K, considering I can get a decent running example at 85K.

But it was a great drive from San Fran, so it was worth the trip. Also the owner is real pleasant - we talked Las Vegas real estate for half an hour.
400iman

330GTCs

Post by 400iman »

xs10shl,
Do you know of any nice examples at $85k? I would be most interested. I'm not finding anything decent under $100k.

Best regards,

Udo
xs10shl

Post by xs10shl »

Well, I should probably clarify that "decent" to me means good mechanicals, 10 foot paint job, and useable interior - something that looks and sounds great while cruising down the highway, but may have noticable, perhaps glaring faults when sitting next to a correct example. I thought the one Ferrari of Atlanta just sold for 84K was decent, even though it had a few incorrect parts. Ferrari Market Letter has another one listed for 84K, but I haven't requested pictures yet.

Perhaps the field of sub-90K 330 GTC cars is dwindling . . .