Rockefeller Center Ferrari Show

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

Rockefeller Center Ferrari Show

Post by tyang »

I stopped by Rockefeller Center in NYC to see a 40th year celebration of Ferrari sponsered by Christies, the auction house.

A 250 GTO, Lusso, 400 Superamerica, 365GT 2+2, and Daytona Spyder, were present. I also got my first chance to see the new 612 2+2. MAN IT LOOKS LONG!

One car that was interesting was a four headlight 330GT 2+2 that I've never seen before. It had current NY registration, and had the names Riegel, and Harrington as the owners. The SN is 5439 and is black with a brown/orangish interior. Anyone know the owners? I'm always curious to meet more 2+2 owners in the NYC area.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
330GT

Post by 330GT »

Hey Tom, Yale said that the S/N was 6539. That number looks a lot more likely than 5439. Did you take a picture?

6539 is a fairly well known 330 GT, with mucho bucks spent on a restoration by Doug Pirrone (Berlinetta Motorcars/NY) back in the late 80s. See http://www.parrotbyte.com/330GTRegistry ... eria_6.htm for details.

Regards, Kerry
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Kerry,

Could be. I was on the phone with my wife, asking her to write down the number for me because I didn't have anything to write on. Maybe the cell phone call was garbled.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Yale

Post by Yale »

No it IS 6539. Two guys own it whose wives are sisters. They live in one of those towns off the Saw Mill Parkway. I forget their names. One wrote a humerous letter to Sports Car Market a few years ago after buying the car saying that Keith should stop criticizing 4 Head Light 330s as they just bought one and thought it was beautiful.

This car was also featured in Cavallino some years ago in the only feature they have ever done on 330 2 + 2's (as far as I know). I did call the one who wrote the letter at one point and talked to his wife. I mentioned that there was a group of 40 year old or so 330 owners around New York City and it would be great to be in contact. His wife, who had been very friendly up to that point, said "He is in his 30's." Possibly because of that and thoughts of guys talking about cars, I never heard from him. (I know you are also in your 30's Tom.) The car looked fantastic by the way. It was the most expensive 330 that I had heard about at that time, selling in the 60's in 2001.

If someone wants to look through their 2001 Sports Car Markets they could find his name.

Yale
Racerrad

Post by Racerrad »

Can one of you New Yorkers get a photo of the car and in particular the interior? I'm interested to see how the black exterior looks with the interior color that was described.

Thanks, Rad
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Rad,

Normally I would have my digital camera with me, but I had my Contax with me, so you'll have to wait for me to get them developed! If no one gets you pictures, remind me in a few weeks and I'll see if I can get them posted.

Yale,
I did call the one who wrote the letter at one point and talked to his wife. I mentioned that there was a group of 40 year old or so 330 owners around New York City and it would be great to be in contact. His wife, who had been very friendly up to that point, said "He is in his 30's." Possibly because of that and thoughts of guys talking about cars, I never heard from him. (I know you are also in your 30's Tom.)
What's wrong with 30 somethings hanging out with older guys?! If I had to find guys in my age group to talk Vintage V-12, I'd be looking a little harder!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Two things,

1. I'm still in my thirtys also, so Tom is not the only one who has a Ferrari older than him.

2. There are pictures of the cars, including the 330 on Ferrarichat.

Regards,

Art S. 7919
fuiszt

Post by fuiszt »

My car is two years older than me-maybe the oldsters are in the minority.
Racerrad

Post by Racerrad »

My car is three years younger than me. I wish it was the other way around!
jsa330

Post by jsa330 »

My car is 14+ years younger than I am. I remember seeing new 4HL 330's.

1964 330 2+2 s/n 4509