Grill?

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Pete

Grill?

Post by Pete »

Tom,

I probably do not need to say this (?), but I'm worrying away here so I'll just say it anyway :)

I do hope you have trial fitted the grill, because even if the new one is made exactly the same as the old, have you confirmed that the old one fitted?

I sitting here worried after all your great work when you go to install she may not fit ... :(

But you know what you are doing, so please ignore me if you want, or tell me to bugger off ;)

BTW: I'm currently making a new boot lid skin for my Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV and that is turning into an interesting challenge. Luckily I found another 1750 GTV not far from my house and thus introduced myself and I thus have a nice car to check details on. The difficulty for me is that my boot lid is so rusty there is little left for reference. Anyway I will learn heaps.

Pete
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your concerns!

When Ferrari made this grille, they were at a level of mass producing them for about 1000 cars, so the part that fits the car was the chrome grille shell that the aluminum egg crating fits to. Years (!) ago, I fit this chrome piece to the car to check for fit, so I should be O.K.!

Now if I can just find some time between job, house, and family to work on the Ferrari, I'd be getting somewhere!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053