New York Area Tom Yang Site Members Drive

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Art S.

New York Area Tom Yang Site Members Drive

Post by Art S. »

As the weather is nice, I was wondering who in the general area NY, CT, NJ, PA etc. would like to go on a semi organized drive?

One thought would be to start somewhere like Lambertville New Jersey (one hour west of NY) and head north along the twisty roads that follow the Delavare river with a final destination of Tom's summer quarters. Any thoughts?

Regards,

Art S.

PS. I just wanted to get the 600th topic.
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
Yale

Post by Yale »

Yeah, well you did but western NJ, though nice, is nowhere near Tom's summer house. Yale
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

I didn't mean for it to be a short drive. I was thinking about an all day thing.

This said, I'm open to suggestions. I don't even know if Tom would want us showing up at his place.

What do you think of the overall concept of a Tom Yang site vintage Ferrari drive?

Art S.
tyang

Post by tyang »

I would love to host a meeting place at my house as long as everyone understands that it's a work in progress! (Kind of like everything else in my life right now!)

How about Saturday June 5th? We could do a BBQ lunch.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Yale

Post by Yale »

Un hunh,

Let;s see, Michaels car is waiting for his dash, Art's car needs brakes, my car is at Wayne's paint shop (I think), your car....is not allowed to be touched by human hands...and is still at Franks anyway...so what are thinking will be driving around up there, your truck?

Best,

Yale
tyang

Post by tyang »

My '65 Mustang is at least driveable!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Yale,

You forgot Jack's. His has issues as well. It doesn't sound like the 2+2 show he was promoting will be too heavily populated with vintage 2+2's.

What happened to your car?

Maybe the timing of this drive isn't that good right now. Although riding around in Tom's truck sounds like fun, I think it can hold all of us.

Do the various owners have dates when they think their cars will be usable again? Mine might actually be ready soon (though I haven't heard from Francois this week).

Regards,

Art S.
Yale

Post by Yale »

Yes I thought of Jack's while I was shaving as his car is the victim of a famous restoration shop. Then there is also Marco Pasanella who reads this forum (secretly) and owns a 330GT Series 2 in NYC which is in the shop at Domenics in White Plains. So we are not doing to well are we?

My car it turns out has a limited slip diff which was making noise so I paid $1000 for these little chicklet size metal pieces (10 of em, same kind used in a GTO of course, +more for labour and bearings) and while at it decided to take care of the trunk dents from when I had vapour lock in front of the Holland Tunnel and was pushed by some well meaning pedestrians, denting the trunk.

Yale