Ferrari Parts

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

erik330

Post by erik330 »

I sent Dino and his buddy a whole list of stuff and never heard word one back from them. What is it with people who claim to want to sell stuff and then don't ever respond back with prices?

I'd like (for a 330 GT 2+2 series 1), a rear bumper, the carpeted trunk floor panel, the chrome rocker panel strip for the left side, a back-up light lens and surround, a knockoff hammer, the chrome lock nut that goes below the gear knob on the shift lever, a set of inner front fender liners, a couple of the black knobs that attach to the vent on/off levers on the dash and a windshield wiper on/off switch.

I could sure use these items.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Erik,

The people who are selling this stuff are not familier with Ferrari parts, so I can see why they aren't responding. I've been going up with lists from forum members and picking through the parts, and helping them move some of these parts, and I can add your parts to my list.

I can tell you that on your list, they may still have bumper, but I know they sold a few since I was last there. The rocker panel strip is aluminum, and they sold all of those, unless you want one that is pretty dinged up. I didn't see any backup lights, knobs for the dash nor knock off hammers, but the hammer you can get repro, and the lead won't be chewed up like used ones. Call Parker Hall for the hammer.

I may have seen some of those chrome lock nuts, but I have a spare one that needs replating if you really need one. I may have seen some splash shields, but they're hard to know if they are actually for a Series I. The trunk panel he has if you're talking about the hinged aluminum piece that covers the spare tire. I think they want $100 for those.

Some people have sent me cash to buy these parts for them so Dino can ship them out immediately, and for others I will set these parts aside for them, and have them contact Dino directly for payment and shipping instructions.

Unfortunately, Dino cancelled for Saturday, so I have to reschedule for next week sometime, but I'm intent on getting over there because I don't know how much longer these parts will still be availible like this!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
erik330

Post by erik330 »

Tom,

If you would not mind acting as intermediary, I would surely appreciate it.

Sounds like a bumper is possible (let me know the condition for a final decision if you would), the hinged trunk floor, and the shift knob lock nut. I'd take a chance on the splash shields if they look anything like they might fit.

If you wanted to put these items aside when you go up there and let me know I will contact Dino again and give him the payment and shipping information.

I really appreciate your help.