jsa330

Back again

Post by jsa330 »

Current: 1983 308 GTS
R.I.P: 330 2+2 s/n 5409
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Guys,

For anybody who's interested, I've been chatting with someone who went to look at this car, and this is what he found. He passed on it.
Tom

I'll be glad to add information on this car to your site and you are welcome to put my name and number down as contact information. It is also a good lesson on how not to buy this type of car. I got a call on the lead for this car from a buddy of mine and I had less than 48 hours before it was going to be sold to some guy in The Netherlands. I had not done my homework and was not familiar with "the breed". I couldn't start the car, take it to a mechanic, or examine it other than where it stood. The players were a little flakey. The seller made statements that turned out to be not true as it related to the overhaul. The estate liquidator was not "a car person" and made a lot of claims that were very general and did not apply to this car. Also they would not put their statements in writing. The car would be sold as is and where is. The mechanic stored the car for eight years due to a "billing" dispute, and the owner put only 2,000 miles on it since 1987 ? The car was supposed to be "overhauled" by the mechanic and when I spoke to him, he said it had not. The car was being sold by an estate liquidator which for a living person is a strange way, but since the seller is an attorney, they deal with estate sellers on a regular basis. The seller had his licenses pulled a number of years ago for a year due to some conviction in the court system. The car has been relisted and they still state that the car was overhauled, but prior to it being purchased. The seller had stated that Bill Pond had been paid $13,000. to completely overhaul that motor.
The car may be in very good shape, but there were too many things that made the hair go up on the back of my neck to go through with the deal.

Stephen
If anyone needs more information from a third party you can contact Stephen at:
americanaccounting@hotmail.com

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
erik330

Post by erik330 »

Someone bought it (maybe) for $27,000.
Dr. Ian Levy

Back again

Post by Dr. Ian Levy »

Hello All
Maybe the guy who bought it will come on site & tell what happens with his new motor car.
Wouldl it be reasonable for someone to contact him & invite him to keep us informed?
He is much braver than I to take on such an unknown quantity.
Like you I share your concerns abought what he is getting but
I wish him well & hope that he has bought a sound machine
Regards
Ian L
1972 365 GTC4 s/n 15989
http://www.ferrari365gtc4.co.uk/