800 threads!

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Art S.

800 threads!

Post by Art S. »

Tom,

Congratulations! My thread counter says this is the thread #800!

To celebrate, may I suggest a tomyang.net drive? This is the time to do it as those of us without AC will enjoy it and I think most of us that had cars in the shop in the spring are now on the road.

Regards,

Art S.
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
Yale

Post by Yale »

That is a poor title for a thread I think. At any rate here is an idea to get together around this event.

Hi Everyone,

This is just a quick note to let you know that the location has changed for the Concour Italia North. We will now be at:

The Castello di Borghese Vineyard & Winery in Cutchogue, NY. You can read more about this fabulous location on their web site:

http://www.carclubevents.com/cin/

Just a friendly reminder: Get your RSVP and payment to Sam by October 1.

I am not sure though that Tom is allowed to drive his car except in between workshops.
Yale
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Guys,

I would love to get together for a drive, but I still need to get tie rod ends installed, and new tires! If I can get these done in the next couple of weeks, then maybe we can do something for the weekend of the 16th or the 23rd of October. We could use my house in Columbia County NY as a destination.

Any takers?

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Tom, If I'm 'in country' I'm in!

Yale sorry this didn't meet your standard of thread excellence.

Art S.

PS. at this moment five of ten, Thursday night, I am at my office with a flat tire, unable to get the Knock-off off. Ah the joys of bringing my car to work, hopefully AAA will have some ideas or a flatbed. Francois really hammered the thing on hard!
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

A few extra blows and I've got the tire changed! Only missed once, so only one new ding in the rim. Maybe I should but a toolkit for it?!?

Regards,

Art S.
lukek

Post by lukek »

A few squirts of that chrome spray paint and your Borrani will be as good as new!
:)
Seriously, I did use the Krylon wrinkle paint on my fuse box cover and it came out pretty nice. Of course, I do have to sand one side due to a run, but the aluminum bead blasted real nice, and the paint is not distinguishable from what was on there before.
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

So Luke, are you suggesting chrome or wrinkle finish for the wheels?

I got it home, the ride was entertaining, three modern slightly lower profile tires, one hard as a rock original pirelli with flat spots and god knows what else wrong with it. No spirited driving tonight!

The worst thing is the nearest guy, that I know of, that does both inner tubes and splined wheels is almost an hour away.

Regards,

Art S.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Art,

Any good tire shop should be able to change your tire if they have a good tire machine, and balancer with .75 inch shaft. I have the hub adapter for that shaft that will let your boranni mount to the machine. Read how I had mine done at a local tire store by doing a search on this site for "wheel balance."
I can mail out the adapter to you next week if you want to borrow it.

Tom[/img]
'63 330 America #5053
JAshburne

Post by JAshburne »

[quote="tyang"]Hi Guys,

I would love to get together for a drive, but I still need to get tie rod ends installed, and new tires! If I can get these done in the next couple of weeks, then maybe we can do something for the weekend of the 16th or the 23rd of October. We could use my house in Columbia County NY as a destination.

Any takers?

Tom[/quote]

That would be fun to do, Tom. Keep us posted on your responses.

John
John Ashburne
1983 400i 5 speed, silver/black
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Tom,

Thanks for the offer of the balancing tool. I rember that saga well. I found a shop that could handle the job ($25.) including mounting, new tube and balancing. I think they did it right but if it feels off, I will take you up on your offer.

Regards,

Art S.