Vintage Lamborghini Discussion?

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

xs10shl

Vintage Lamborghini Discussion?

Post by xs10shl »

I don't mean to be out of place here, but is there any interest in adding a "Vintage Lamborghinis" section to the Forum index?

I've got 2 Miuras that I'm maintaining, and I'd love to post information about what I've learned about where to get parts, how to fix things, whom to go to, etc. I'll bet there's a fair crop of pre-75 Lambo owners on this site already.

Basically, I'm just looking for a place to archive my own experiences and discoveries and share them with others, and this just seems like a possible evolution of this extremely useful site. (Actually, I'm being lazy more than anything - the infrastructure is all here, so I'm trying to keep myself from having to do a lot of start-up work! <*grin*>).

OK, you can flame me now.
tyang

Post by tyang »

I don't think so. I'm not trying to snub owners of other marques, because I often talk about my other cars, but isn't there somewhere on the Internet, a place for Lambo owners to share information? I've tried my best to keep this site, and forum, for Vintage Ferrari owners and I hope to keep it that way. There are plenty of other places to on the Internet to talk about the other Ferraris, and even other cars, but it's nice to have a site dedicated to Vintage Ferraris, All the Time!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
xs10shl

Post by xs10shl »

Yeah, I see your point. "If Lamborghini, then why not Maserati, etc." I thought I'd ask, anyways, cause I'm desparate for a place to post!

<worlds smallest violin playing in background>
Short answer is no - there is no place to discuss vintage Lamborghini restoration that I've found. It's almost exclusively Diablo and newer.
</worlds smallest violin playing in background>
tyang

Post by tyang »

One of the main reasons I started this website was because I felt there was a real lack of good Vintage Ferrari information out there in one place. Although many other sites have created space for the Vintage Ferrari crowd, I'm proud to have a whole site dedicated to Vintage owners. I find it nice to have a place where you don't have to dig through a hundred posts about what kind wax to use or how fast they've gone in their cars.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

I think Ferrarichat has a Lamborghini section but I don't know if its new stuff or old stuff.
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
roys

Post by roys »

Try:

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/

Run by the same guy as Ferrari-talk.

Roy
xs10shl

Post by xs10shl »

Yes Fchat and L-Talk are both good sites (recent blowup excluded) which I frequent daily - but unfortunately too many "Which wax is best" posters, as Tom suggested, and not enough mechanics. But this morning someone ping'd me about a 3rd forum which is dedicated only to vintage Lambos, which I'm looking forward to joining.
Yale

Post by Yale »

I really wish Tom would have a seperate window for other pre-80 Itailians but I guess with a new kid, an almost done car (weighing on him because now he has to drive it!), two houses, and a day job - he is getting lazy on us.

Speaking for myself, I have a lot of curiosity about the lambo stuff and have pm'd you (xs10shl) about this a few times but you have never responded. Maybe if your BB name was Sam or something... what does xs10shl stand for? - Extra small 10 super Heuristic Lambos?
Best,
Yale
xs10shl

Post by xs10shl »

Yale, just PM'd you. I don't show any messages from you in my inbox. Did you send them here or on another site? I'm usually stoked when I get a PM, and respond immediately, so I'm curious as to what happened.

XS10SHL is just "Existential". I thought it was cool as a kid because it would fit on a license plate. When I tried ordering the plate, I found out someone else had it. So now I just use it online, because I hardly ever get user name conflicts when I sign up on new sites.
Stephanm

Post by Stephanm »

xs10shl.
Nice collection of cars, wow, anything for sale!

Steve
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Apologies for a shameless plug, but I am in the process of setting up a community/resource site at http://www.car-nuts.com. It only has a few site related forums at present, but will have more added - so if anyone wants to get involved and help get things moving (or just chat about other marques, etc), please feel free to visit...
xs10shl

Post by xs10shl »

Stephanm wrote:xs10shl.
Nice collection of cars, wow, anything for sale!

Steve

I've decided to sell the Choppa (365 GTB/4 conversion). I had my summer fun in it - it a really fast car, but not as fun on the backroads as the others. The 365 GTC gives the same acceleration thrills, and better handling, IMHO.
400iman

Post by 400iman »

XS10SHL,

The best vintage Lambo site by far is Vintage Lambo Garage:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/VintageLambo/

You are right. Though I like them too, the other sites tend to be focused on Diablos and newer cars, and have a high percentage of "I wasted a Z06" crap.
xs10shl

Post by xs10shl »

Yes, great forum! Fred turned me on to it last week. But, man, the software is crap! I'm shocked that Yahoo hasn't revamped it.
andy

Post by andy »

Just came across this one:

http://www.lambo-power.com/phpBB2/

You have to register to view the posts so I wasn't able to get a sense for the signal-to-noise ratio.