330 Engine Studs

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

treue

330 Engine Studs

Post by treue »

Guys:

My FCA chapter visited Bob Smith's Coachworks one Saturday. During the course of the visit we were discussing engine overhaul. Bob strongly advised replacement of all the major, torqued studs and connecting rod bolts in the engine. Since then, I have searched, to no avail, for a set of the major studs for my engine (from my 330, a late Series II). I did find a set of connecting rod bolts and nuts. I have discussed the purchase of a custom set from a reputable, and very experienced shop, ARP. The big price-driver is a set-up charge for each different style of stud. If I could get several of you to go in with me on this, we could get a better-than-OEM quality stud at a decent price. Right now, the APPROXIMATE price per set is $1200, based on 5 sets. More sets will bring the price down further. A set includes: 12ea. IB main bearing cap studs, 12ea. OB main bearing cap studs, 2ea. IB rear main bearing cap studs, 2ea. OB rear main bearing cap studs, 28ea. head studs, 6 ea. intake manifold studs and 48 ea. rocker arm frame studs. I will totally administer the purchase. Any interested parties would only have to pay the set purchase price and shipping.

Let me know as soon as you can.

Tom
Tom Treue
67 330GT 2+2, No. 9129 (former owner)