365 gtc/4 at Heritage Classics

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Steve Meltzer

365 gtc/4 at Heritage Classics

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Anyone have any dealings with them, or know anyting about the red '72 gtc/4 they have? Schmidt also has a similar one on eBay and Tonkin a pretty nice that's $70K or so, as well. thanx for the info. steve meltzer
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

I purchased my 1963 GTE from Heritage in December 2002. Very satisfied and professional. I dealt with Ed Gibson.

Rudy van Daalen Wetters
1963 GTE s/n 4001
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

thanx for your help. steve
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
Yale

Post by Yale »

Yeah, I consider Ed a friend, but I would still get a PPI for any car I would buy from him. That way we would remain friends. Best, Yale
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

who would you recommend for a PPI on that car? There's a blue gtc/4 in eBay in Fairfax, Va...any recommendatons there. The dealer is Fairfax something or other. thanx steve
steve meltzer,
Olio

Post by Olio »

Steve,

A friend suggested Grand Touring in Laurel, MD (~40mins from downtown Fairfax) will perform a PPI. Contact Kendall Merritt @ 301-470-6464

Best,

Andrew
LP

Post by LP »

I can second that on Grand Touring. They helped me in acquiring my C/4 back in 98, and even though I do most all of my own work they have been very supportive since. They are knowledgeable of and genuinely appreciate C/4's in particular.

The blue Fairfax car looks compleat and original from the few photos I've seen. Only the AIR system and evaporative canister seem to be missing, which is quite common. It even retains the original thermostat arraignment, which Ferrari changed via service bulletin some time ago.

I think the C/4 in blue is quite striking.

[quote="Olio"]Steve,

A friend suggested Grand Touring in Laurel, MD (~40mins from downtown Fairfax) will perform a PPI. Contact Kendall Merritt @ 301-470-6464

Best,

Andrew[/quote]
Les Putnam
1972 Ferrari 365 GTC/4 Silver on black/red
1989 Corvette FX3/6speed Black on Black
1988 Corvette Z52/L98 White on Gray
1995 Caprice 9C1
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

thanx to everyone who responded.It is unfortunate that the salesman has spoiled what looked like a decent car (by internet pictures). Kendall was very nice and helpful when I spoke with him about a PPI on that car. I had concerns because the car had a "rep" for poor throttle response and some paint "checking".

On anohter note, I spoke
with they guy who runs Schmitt Auto (don't know the exact name) out of St. Louis. They've been
in biz a longtime, and for
the 3rd or 4th week, have what looks like a nice C4, on eBay. Anyhow, he was pretty arrogant
and said that they don't "get involved" with PPIs, as "they are a waste of everyone's time and
money!" Furthermore, he said that
they "wouldn't want to sell a car to anyone who didn't trust them fully"....maybe that's why the
car has no bids and they have less than perfect feedback....oh well, it takes all kinds.

Still deciding between a C4 and ?? 330gtc. thanx again to everyone. steve meltzer
steve meltzer,
snj5

Post by snj5 »

As before, I had a ppi done at Grand Touring (on a car I bought from Tom above - excellent experience) and they are great. I used them for everything while I was in DC. Kendall is a little overwhelmed scheduling sometimes and it is tough to get in, but ALL of the guys there are terrific and true enthusiasts. FWIW, Kendall is Richard Merrit's son. Great family.
best
rt
Alberto

Post by Alberto »

I drove the C/4 that is at Heritage Classics, but it has been a while (at least 8 months). They treated me well, and did not have any hangups about test driving the car or taking to a mechanic to inspect it (which I did not perform, because I talked myself out of the car before that stage). As I recall, overall, the car is a decent car, but suffers a little from not being driven much at all for many years. I would term the car a decent driver, about a 3. Engine pulls strong, there is little rust, paint is OK. I live in San Diego so it's not in my back yard, but let me know if I might be able to help.

Alberto
LP

Post by LP »

Steve,
Do you have links to the other two C/4s (Heritage Classics & Tonkin)? Studying C/4 details has become a special interest of mine.
Les Putnam
1972 Ferrari 365 GTC/4 Silver on black/red
1989 Corvette FX3/6speed Black on Black
1988 Corvette Z52/L98 White on Gray
1995 Caprice 9C1