Masterlube preoiler installation

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

oldfart3

Masterlube preoiler installation

Post by oldfart3 »

Attached is a photo of the installation of a Masterlube preoiler installed on my Lusso motor on its storage stand. It's waiting for me to finish the rest of my restoration to be installed. Since my progress is somewhere between glacial and geological, I want to turn it over for a few seconds every month or so to keep everything from sticking together.

John Vardanian was EXTREMELY helpful in advising my on the installation.
oldfart3

How to attach images

Post by oldfart3 »

My attempt to attach the image to my post was unsuccessful. Please advise on the procedure for attaching images?
tyang

Post by tyang »

You need to have the image loaded to a web server in order to show images on this forum. Most IPSs offer this as a service with your monthly service. Once you load your images to a server, you can direct the image on this forum to the location of the image (ie. http://w ww.Internet Service Provider/ free space for images/ myimage.jpg )

I try not to get too involved in posting other people's images for them on this server because I'm busy enough keeping an owner's gallery posted!

Hope this helps.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
oldfart3

Another attempt to post photo

Post by oldfart3 »

After wading through setting up a photoshare site on my ISP, I can now (hopefully) share the photo.
tyang

Post by tyang »

It looks like that snapfish account needs you to sign in to share photos, which I don't think works on this forum. Until you figure out a better way, I'll make an exception and post this photo for you. E-mail it to me, and I'll post it.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
oldfart3

Another try

Post by oldfart3 »

Hopefully, this will allow viewing the photo.

http://www.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/ ... _=17154249
lukek

Post by lukek »

I have only been able to post links to images when I post. No image ever embedded in the body of the message, so to speak.
It would be a huge bonus if we were able to post images directly on this site. I know that this would require work, and Tom has a day job...but if my calculations are correct, he is probably about to experience many wakeful nights due to "toddler teething". And it does not just last a few months, Those back mollars are something, coming in as late as 2.5 years of age!
I became so productive when this took place in my house ! They wake you up in the middle of the night, and instead of just sitting with them in the dark trying to get them back to sleep (impossible), you just slump them over your shoulder and type with your right hand. I updated my online portfolio, created a family budget, it was great !

A bit offtopic, but Tom has passed on so much GTE knowledge over the years, I felt like "giving back" some...
:)
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Luke,

I give, and give, and all you want is more!... :-)

Posting pictures to a server is not hard. Most of you have a set amount of free space offered by your ISPs. All you have to do is learn how to upload files to this server(FTP), and you'll be cooking with gas. Ask your resident computer geek at work to help. Don't make me come out there and hold your hand!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
lukek

Post by lukek »

Sorry, Tom. I know this is a hobby, and I am greatful for the resource.

I was just hoping to be able to upload the images directly to tomyang.net and have them display in the message. I do know how to ftp in general.....I used Fetch on the Mac way before Al Gore invented the Internet.

I guess I just came out of a meeting where I asked for usability enhancements and I was on the roll...
Send me something to bead blast as penance. I got me a friendly shop with a big one !

luke
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
oldfart3

Masterlube installation

Post by oldfart3 »

Snapfish restricts sharing to entries on my Outlook address book, so I''ve enabled Tom's email address, but it doesn't appear I can include the forum via this method.

This further reinforces my overall dissatisfaction with Earthlink as my ISP. As soon as my current subscription expires, I'm looking for another that isn't such a hassle to use.
Alberto

Post by Alberto »

I am interested in possibly putting a preoiler on my car. Can you provide a detailed description of what is needed to install it? If you can forward me a picture, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Alberto
DMC

Post by DMC »

I'd be happy to host pictures on my server for those that can't.

email me the picture and thread name, put "tomyang.net" somewhere in the subject, and I'll try to have them up within a day.

I'll take care of resizing them, too.

Thanks,

-Dean