Vintage Battery Question

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Alberto

Vintage Battery Question

Post by Alberto »

Does anyone have a picture of the (various) battery types used on mid to late 1960's and very early 1970's vintage Ferrari's, Lamborghini's or Maserati's that they could share? I have been told that Lamborghini used Tudor and Uranio batteries (?) for example. Any help or additional information would be greatly appreciated as well, including battery dimensions, etc.

Thank you.

Alberto
matt

Post by matt »

Check out the 410 superamerica on ferraris-online site. That shows a nice battery photo. Several people make these reproduction batteries but I have not yet purchased one.
Yale

Post by Yale »

For the most part I have never heard anyone speak glowingly about those repro batteries. Yale
Jimmyr

Post by Jimmyr »

Look in Parker Hall's catalog, he has photos of the old batteries that reference his repo stickers for them. Note, that the batteries are not judge in FCA concourses, so it is up to you on the style. For nice looking engine compartments try to stay with at least a black color battery. While Optima batteries are probably the best performing they do look out of place. J. Riff
Alberto

Post by Alberto »

Thanks for the input, as well as your concerns about having a vintage battery.

Please know that my quest for pictures and more information is for knowledge and documentation's sake. Although I would love to have one recreated and would use it at shows etc. (which is why I seek the information), my daily battery is and will remain an Optima.)

So, does anyone have a picture of an original battery, dimensions, etc.

Thanks.

Alberto
Lowell

Post by Lowell »

My 330 GT was judged last year at the FCA National meet in Monterey.

Although the battery does not have to be of the original type,
apparently it does have to be of the original size. The judge
took off a small fraction of a point, added to other small
fractions for other small imperfections that he noticed,
because the battery was not tall enough by perhaps 1/4 inch,
maybe even 8 mm.
Lowell Brown
1966 Gold 330 2+2 Series II