Welcome to the WWW Board

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

The 2+2 Slaughter!

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

This is a message I'm re-posting to respond to. Anybody else have a comment?

<<Tom & Steve,
I also own a 330 2+2 '66 and have serious concerns about the 250 & 330 2+2 slaughters. Last month or so in the UK mag. " classic & sports car" (a Real favorite of mine ), they ran a story on a 250GTE - the next issue featured a Resto shop that specializes in recreated GTOs etc.. along with an increase in the ads for these
FAKES .. Whats up with this?? I know.. I know .. the values on the originals just wont stop . Putting these cars permanetly out of reach. Just what is this doing to the values of the remaining 2+2s?
Depressive and angry thoughts aside , I'd like to talk with fellow 2+2 owners about PARTS , MAINTENANCE, and similar expieriences. Let me hear from you Allen >>

You a have a valid concern about cutting up GTEs and other 2+2 cars to create other Ferraris. I read those two articles in C&SC, and feel that it is a shame to see these cars getting cut up. It's the 80s all over again! With a GTO about to go across the auction block in January poised to set a new record price for a Ferrari, the "slaughter" may quicken! My only hopes are that the ones being cut up are derilict cars that are incomplete, and make no economic reviving as an original 2+2s, but I'm sure these factors don't come into play when greed is involved! I wish we could establish a "Home for Forlorned Ferraris" and save these neglected cars from being converted to GTOs or SWBs!

Tom

Tom  

wwwboard

The 2+2 Slaughter!

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

<<Tom & Steve,
I also own a 330 2+2 '66 and have serious concerns about the 250 & 330 2+2 slaughters. Last month or so in the UK mag. " classic & sports car" (a Real favorite of mine ), they ran a story on a 250GTE - the next issue featured a Resto shop that specializes in recreated GTOs etc.. along with an increase in the ads for these
FAKES .. Whats up with this?? I know.. I know .. the values on the originals just wont stop . Putting these cars permanetly out of reach. Just what is this doing to the values of the remaining 2+2s?
Depressive and angry thoughts aside , I'd like to talk with fellow 2+2 owners about PARTS , MAINTENANCE, and similar expieriences. Let me hear from you Allen >>

You a have a valid concern about cutting up GTEs and other 2+2 cars to create other Ferraris. I read those two articles in C&SC, and feel that it is a shame to see these cars getting cut up. It's the 80s all over again! With a GTO about to go across the auction block in January poised to set a new record price for a Ferrari, the "slaughter" may quicken! My only hopes are that the ones being cut up are derilict cars that are incomplete, and make no economic reviving as an original 2+2s, but I'm sure these factors don't come into play when greed is involved! I wish we could establish a "Home for Forlorned Ferraris" and save these neglected cars from being converted to GTOs or SWBs!

Tom

Tom  

wwwboard

The 2+2 Slaughter!

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

<<Tom & Steve,

Tom

Tom  

wwwboard

Re: What a sound!

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Bryan,

I'll have to check this film out when I'm not spending ALL my money on my Ferrari restoration!

Since I've gotten so much positive response from that clip, I can promise you I'll make more when the opportunity presents itself!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Bryan,

I'll have to check this film out when I'm not spending ALL my money on my Ferrari restoration!

Since I've gotten so much positive response from that clip, I can promise you I'll make more when the opportunity presents itself!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Bryan,

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Bryan,

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Bryan,

Tom
wwwboard

Re: The 2+2 Slaughter!

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tony

I will attending the Barret Jackson Auction in January. Is this where the bogus Ferrari will be sold? If so I will attempt to take pictures and give a hands on what happens. I have been to many of these auctions and what is reported and what actually happens are two different stories.
As far as the slaughter of 2+2's. I have to say that I don't agree with it. Although it should do nothing but help the 2+2 market. The amount of 2+2's may go down but again I don't think that will hurt us.
As far as the big money sales.I think that the spending is going to slow down VERY soon. Excess cash will be slowing. As far as I can tell things like sales of classic cars will slowing, because of the economy.
Its all a crap shoot. I have tell you that when I began my 250 restoration I did consider the slaughter. Not because of the profit from the GTO, but the cost to restore the 250 car could out weigh the value.
Who pays attention to restoration costs anyway!
It's the fun that counts.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tony

I will attending the Barret Jackson Auction in January. Is this where the bogus Ferrari will be sold? If so I will attempt to take pictures and give a hands on what happens. I have been to many of these auctions and what is reported and what actually happens are two different stories.
As far as the slaughter of 2+2's. I have to say that I don't agree with it. Although it should do nothing but help the 2+2 market. The amount of 2+2's may go down but again I don't think that will hurt us.
As far as the big money sales.I think that the spending is going to slow down VERY soon. Excess cash will be slowing. As far as I can tell things like sales of classic cars will slowing, because of the economy.
Its all a crap shoot. I have tell you that when I began my 250 restoration I did consider the slaughter. Not because of the profit from the GTO, but the cost to restore the 250 car could out weigh the value.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tony

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tony

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Tony,

I'm not sure where the fake GTO will be sold, but the real GTO will be auctioned in Switzerland.

I have NEVER made money on any of my cars! I just try my best not to lose my shirt on one.

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Tony,

I'm not sure where the fake GTO will be sold, but the real GTO will be auctioned in Switzerland.

I have NEVER made money on any of my cars! I just try my best not to lose my shirt on one.

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Tony,

Tom