330 GT 2+2

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Re: 330 GT 2+2

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by zac

Matt all let me start off by saying the car is no show winner. the engine has had a pretty major melt down one piston is damaged from dropping a valve and the heads are missing. this also means that the carberatos and manifold etc. are missing.
I don't know if Gary sent you the pictures of the car but it looks O.K. paint is faded the interior is decent somone has put a second a.c. unit in the rear not original but a pretty o.k. job. I was looking at the car for a full restoration project and there was to many missing and or altered items to make it worth my wild. I myself am a retorer of mostly 1960-1970 Ferrari and have seen almost all the parts needed to fix the engine. I like the others would hate to see this car chopped and turned into a v-8 transplant. let me just add that if you want a fun fast car with v-8 you could get a very nice one for that amount of money. I think that once you drive a nice running V12 you'll see what make a Ferrari a Ferrari. if you have the time and PATIENCE you could have yourself a good car and if you put the money into keeping it as original as possible you wont't completely loose your ass when you go to sell the car. let me know if you have any further questions or if you decide to buy the car.

Zac
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Rudy

I just stumbled on these postings, but for whatever it's worth, to not have a 12 cylinder in a ferrari that came with one would be a horror to own.

I bought my 330 4 headlight for the sound it makes.  

Even the starter motor noise is incredible.

Ferrari did make some V8 cars too i've heard. What about them? Np basterdization issues there.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Rudy

I just stumbled on these postings, but for whatever it's worth, to not have a 12 cylinder in a ferrari that came with one would be a horror to own.

Ferrari did make some V8 cars too i've heard. What about them? Np basterdization issues there.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Rudy

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Rudy

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Rudy