engine technical drawings

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

engine technical drawings

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by ChrisR

This site is great!, thanks for putting it up Tom. I can't wait to see a picture of the finished car. A lot of the pictures bring me back to the days of working on my '71 alfa romeo spider. Too bad I had to sell it before I could finish it. Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find copys of the technical drawings of the '60s ferrari v-12 engines.
thanks
wwwboard

Re: engine technical drawings

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Thanks for checking out my site. I'm glad others are enjoying it as much as I am rebuilding the car.

I've seen some technical drawings reproduced as prints, but not engine drawings. One person that I would know is Jacques Vaucher at:
http://arteauto.com/
He's been in the business long enough to have seen it if it exists. Tell him I said hi.

Good luck, and let us know what you find!

Tom
wwwboard

Re: engine technical drawings

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Simon Campbell

Do let me know if you find any of these for teh V-12. I'd love soem for my collection of automobilia relating to my 400
wwwboard

Re: engine technical drawings(no luck)

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by ChrisR

So far I've had no luck at all, searching on the net. Perhaps someone knows of some engineering resources, something like a design journal maybe. There is a book by Aurelio Lampredi (on amazon), but it is out of print. I want to find out how the engineers knew how to make engines like that. Next I will email universities in Italy, which I think will be fruitful. Take a look at the picture of the main-bearing end cap from one of the past entries on this page. Its very large with 4 big bolts. Similar to the Alfa 4 I used to have.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by ChrisR

So far I've had no luck at all, searching on the net. Perhaps someone knows of some engineering resources, something like a design journal maybe. There is a book by Aurelio Lampredi (on amazon), but it is out of print. I want to find out how the engineers knew how to make engines like that. Next I will email universities in Italy, which I think will be fruitful. Take a look at the picture of the main-bearing end cap from one of the past entries on this page. Its very large with 4 big bolts. Similar to the Alfa 4 I used to have.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Chris,

Without looking in my Ferrari books, I know Enzo Ferrari worked for Alfa before starting his own company. I'm sure there was a large exchange of ideas in the early years of Italian engineering. The Columbo designed engine of my car probably got inspiration from Alfa engines in the past.

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Chris,

Without looking in my Ferrari books, I know Enzo Ferrari worked for Alfa before starting his own company. I'm sure there was a large exchange of ideas in the early years of Italian engineering. The Columbo designed engine of my car probably got inspiration from Alfa engines in the past.

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Chris,

Tom