U joint cork seals

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

U joint cork seals

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Colin

After looking at the disassembled u-joints on Tom's site, I wondered whether some rubber o-rings could be substituted for the cork seals in the u-joints. Seems that rubber would last longer and seal better than cork.
wwwboard

Re: U joint cork seals

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Colin,

You're probably right, but I had the cork handy, and it would compress correctly around the u-joint lips. I also plan on keeping up the greasing schedule, so I'll probably be fine.

Some day, I'll get one of those o-ring kits so I'll be prepared for anything!

Thanks for th advice!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Colin

Tom,
Forgot to mention that you have a beautiful car. That has to be the prettiest of the '60s four-seater Ferrari body styles; the single headlights and sloping roofline really set it apart. Can't wait to see the finished product. BTW, nice shop, too! Wish I had a work space like that up here in Boston!
Colin
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Colin

Tom,
Forgot to mention that you have a beautiful car. That has to be the prettiest of the '60s four-seater Ferrari body styles; the single headlights and sloping roofline really set it apart. Can't wait to see the finished product. BTW, nice shop, too! Wish I had a work space like that up here in Boston!
Colin
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Colin,

Thank you for your kind words. Everytime I see another GTE running about, I feel the same way.

There isn't a day that goes by that I think how lucky I am to have such a great shop! Now if I could only fine more time to work in it!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Colin,

Thank you for your kind words. Everytime I see another GTE running about, I feel the same way.

There isn't a day that goes by that I think how lucky I am to have such a great shop! Now if I could only fine more time to work in it!

Tom