GTE Help

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

GTE Help

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tony

Tom,
I have begun taking down the dash today. I noticed a small wheel under the steering column. It has a cable attached and goes through the dash and that is where it ends. Could be either a parking brake adjustment or an aftermarket unit. Any ideas?
I also need headlight rings. Mine are in bad shape. I could repair them but that would be very expensive.
On your Dec.1 worked you said that you needed window felt. Did you try Re-orgionals out of Texas? I have that number if you need it. Also in Hemming under supplies for sale there area few people who sell that kind of stuff.
Good luck.
Tony
wwwboard

Re: GTE Help

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Tony,

The aluminum knob you describe is probably the heater knob that turns on the flow of hot water to the heater core. I'll check this out sometime this week.

I've seen the ads for Re-Originals, but haven't found a website for them. I guess they're not on the web yet.

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tony

Tom, Re-orgionals do not have a web site. Their phone number is (281)807.1945. I faxed them a request and they returned the fax the next day. Their fax number is(281)807.1946. Also try Restoration Specialties Phone (814)467.9842, Fax (814)467.5323. www.restorationspecialties.com
I have used them before and found their prices reasonable and they were very helpful.
Tony

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tony

Tom, Re-orgionals do not have a web site. Their phone number is (281)807.1945. I faxed them a request and they returned the fax the next day. Their fax number is(281)807.1946. Also try Restoration Specialties Phone (814)467.9842, Fax (814)467.5323. www.restorationspecialties.com
I have used them before and found their prices reasonable and they were very helpful.
Tony

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Tony,

I found out what your knob under the steering column does. It activates the blind that is supposed to sit infront of the radiator. This was a low-tech approach to limiting the amount of cold air through the radiator when driving a Ferrari in the winter time. Most people removed this blind because it would jam, and not retract when the weather got hot.

Tom

P.S. Thanks for the info on Re-originals! It's amazing how dependent we've become in getting our information from vendors off the Internet!
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Tony,

I found out what your knob under the steering column does. It activates the blind that is supposed to sit infront of the radiator. This was a low-tech approach to limiting the amount of cold air through the radiator when driving a Ferrari in the winter time. Most people removed this blind because it would jam, and not retract when the weather got hot.

Tom

P.S. Thanks for the info on Re-originals! It's amazing how dependent we've become in getting our information from vendors off the Internet!
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Tony,

Tom

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Kerry

A Dutch company http://www.italparts.com/ shows the window felt in their online catalog.

They also have a number of other items, some of which I haven't seen elsewhere.
ItalParts