63' 250 series 2

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

63' 250 series 2

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by adrian kawa

I am looking to purchase an original radio for my 250. If anyone has any leads please e-mail me .

thanks
adrian kawa
 &nbsp
wwwboard

Re: 63' 250 series 2

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Adrian,

Any preference which make? Blaupunkts and Beckers were the two types often found in these cars.

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Neil Albaugh

Tom,

My first 250GTE (S/N # 2601)  had a Condor signal- seeking radio installed. It had originally been bought in Italy and shipped back to the USA around 1967. It had been originally owned by an Italian  Countess. I've never run across a Condor radio before or since that one.

Regards,  Neil
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Neil Albaugh

Tom,

My first 250GTE (S/N # 2601)  had a Condor signal- seeking radio installed. It had originally been bought in Italy and shipped back to the USA around 1967. It had been originally owned by an Italian  Countess. I've never run across a Condor radio before or since that one.

Regards,  Neil
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Yang

Hi Neil,

My records show that your former car now exisits as a SWB replica in the Netherlands!!!

Radios were often dealer installed options, so depending on what was available, or prefered by the dealer was what was installed.

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Yang

Hi Neil,

My records show that your former car now exisits as a SWB replica in the Netherlands!!!

Radios were often dealer installed options, so depending on what was available, or prefered by the dealer was what was installed.

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Yang

Hi Neil,

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Neil Albaugh

Tom;

Thanks on the update on S/N 2601. I saw it was for sale in SC years ago. I T- boned a Ford that went through a stop sign in that car in about '68 and it flattened the front end a bit. I still have the bent prancing horse around here somewhere. One of the Ferrari registries (Barchetta) has my second 250GTE (a Series III) S/N 4509 incorrectly listed as a Lusso. Reading your restoration saga sure brings back memories of my work on that car.

Incidentally, I see that you are an audio technician for CBS-- if you ever need any good audio integrated circuits, let me know. I'm a Sr. Engineer with Texas Instruments (formerly Burr- Brown).

The most fun I ever had in my 250GTE was driving through the mountains of VA & WV on Route 250. The siren song of a V-12 echoing through those mountains was pure delight!

Enjoy!   Regards, Neil
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Neil Albaugh

Tom;

Thanks on the update on S/N 2601. I saw it was for sale in SC years ago. I T- boned a Ford that went through a stop sign in that car in about '68 and it flattened the front end a bit. I still have the bent prancing horse around here somewhere. One of the Ferrari registries (Barchetta) has my second 250GTE (a Series III) S/N 4509 incorrectly listed as a Lusso. Reading your restoration saga sure brings back memories of my work on that car.

Incidentally, I see that you are an audio technician for CBS-- if you ever need any good audio integrated circuits, let me know. I'm a Sr. Engineer with Texas Instruments (formerly Burr- Brown).

The most fun I ever had in my 250GTE was driving through the mountains of VA & WV on Route 250. The siren song of a V-12 echoing through those mountains was pure delight!

Enjoy!   Regards, Neil
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Neil Albaugh

Tom;

Enjoy!   Regards, Neil
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Neil Albaugh

Tom;

Enjoy!   Regards, Neil
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Yang

Hi Neil,

It's interesting about 4509, because it doesn't show up in the GTE registry as a GTE either! Hmmm. Is there a way you could prove 4509 was a GTE like a registration or such?

Thanks for the offer for ICs, but I think Ferraris ae a little too old to use em! ;-)

Speaking of audio, I just demo-ed a Yamaha monitor console. Completely digital, and super flexible capable of things we could only dream of doing a few years ago. Sometimes technology really boggles my mind where it's nice to have carburators, and a points!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Yang

Hi Neil,

It's interesting about 4509, because it doesn't show up in the GTE registry as a GTE either! Hmmm. Is there a way you could prove 4509 was a GTE like a registration or such?

Thanks for the offer for ICs, but I think Ferraris ae a little too old to use em! ;-)

Speaking of audio, I just demo-ed a Yamaha monitor console. Completely digital, and super flexible capable of things we could only dream of doing a few years ago. Sometimes technology really boggles my mind where it's nice to have carburators, and a points!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Yang

Hi Neil,

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Yang

Hi Neil,

Tom