Fuel Lines

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Fuel Lines

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tony

Tom,
Your car looks awsome. Great job on the engine install.
Question on fuel line. Where did you get them? I need a complete set and the prices are out of control. The best price I got was over $400 for a complete set, sold by the inch. Should I just bite the bullet or does anybody have a more reasonable solution.
wwwboard

Re: Fuel Lines

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Tony,

Anymore pictures of the restoration of your 250GTE?

$400 bucks sounds about right for the fuel lines. I know, it's crazy, but where else are you going to get the right stuff? I got mine from Partsource. There was a time when this stuff wasn't available, and people used aeroquipe hoses. Pretty ugly stuff for a vintage Ferrari!

I ended up recycling some old stuff Francois had laying around that was still good, but all the stuff my car had were too old and clogged. If you bend the hose, and you hear the plastic sheathing crack, don't use it! What I couldn't reuse, I bought. My wallet still hurts!

Measure carefully!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tony

I posted so new pictures. The completed dash and some before shots of the car. Did you see them? I have been neglecting the project but will hitting it again this week. As you can see by my website I recently purchased a converted bus and that has kept me busy. I will be taking it to Hershey in a couple of weeks.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tony

I posted so new pictures. The completed dash and some before shots of the car. Did you see them? I have been neglecting the project but will hitting it again this week. As you can see by my website I recently purchased a converted bus and that has kept me busy. I will be taking it to Hershey in a couple of weeks.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mike Dunn

My fuel hose isn't necessarily cheaper, but it looks EXACTLY like the original whereas the replacemant from Italy looks different and is noticably larger on the OD (requires larger ferrules).  Cost for an assembled 16" line, including replating the fittings is $130.00.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mike Dunn

My fuel hose isn't necessarily cheaper, but it looks EXACTLY like the original whereas the replacemant from Italy looks different and is noticably larger on the OD (requires larger ferrules).  Cost for an assembled 16" line, including replating the fittings is $130.00.

See all my stuff at www.madenterprise.com.