275/330 column mounted turn signal stalks.

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Re: 275/330 column mounted turn signal stalks.

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Paul Baber

Dear Deane. Thanks for the info but some of the stalk asemblies i have seen over here in the UK are past any sort of epoxy..they just need replacing

Paul.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Art

Thanks for the interest!  I will push the machinist to complete the project sooner (I will keep you posted).  Just to be clear, he is only making the bases of the stalks, which are the pieces that usually break.  You will need your own core.  &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Art

Thanks for the interest!  I will push the machinist to complete the project sooner (I will keep you posted).  Just to be clear, he is only making the bases of the stalks, which are the pieces that usually break.  You will need your own core.  &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

That fellow in So Cal does fabricate what he needs to restore an assembly - not just a glue job by any means!

But, if anybody does come up with a nice repro, sign me up for one.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

That fellow in So Cal does fabricate what he needs to restore an assembly - not just a glue job by any means!

But, if anybody does come up with a nice repro, sign me up for one.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Charlie Dodge

Arrrrrrgh!  Something else to be afraid of.  Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Charlie Dodge

Arrrrrrgh!  Something else to be afraid of.  Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Les Putnam

Hello all

Incidentally, GTC/4's, GTB/4's 400's, 412's, 308's, BB's, and lord knows what else uses the same pieces. Note that the later models were beefed-up (thicker) at the stalk area. I've considered machining one out of delrin as well, but I don't have CNC equipment. Delrin is a good choice as well, we use it on spacecraft all the time.

And after you finish with Ferrari's, you can start with Maserati's. Bora's Merak SS's, Ghibli's, Khamsin's, and Quattroporte's use the same bases. Assemblies for those are impossible to find. I have a friend with a shop who would likely buy a dozen.

Les
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Les Putnam

Hello all

Incidentally, GTC/4's, GTB/4's 400's, 412's, 308's, BB's, and lord knows what else uses the same pieces. Note that the later models were beefed-up (thicker) at the stalk area. I've considered machining one out of delrin as well, but I don't have CNC equipment. Delrin is a good choice as well, we use it on spacecraft all the time.

And after you finish with Ferrari's, you can start with Maserati's. Bora's Merak SS's, Ghibli's, Khamsin's, and Quattroporte's use the same bases. Assemblies for those are impossible to find. I have a friend with a shop who would likely buy a dozen.

Les
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Art

If the first batch comes out.  I will speak with the machinist about doing other designs.  If he is willing, he will need cores to use as models.  These cores may be broken but all of the bits should be available and no repairs such as gluing, epoxying, etc should have been undertaken as this will alter the profile.

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Art

If the first batch comes out.  I will speak with the machinist about doing other designs.  If he is willing, he will need cores to use as models.  These cores may be broken but all of the bits should be available and no repairs such as gluing, epoxying, etc should have been undertaken as this will alter the profile.

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Art

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Paul Baber

Dear les.
Thanks for the info...I am working on a wealthy french enthusiast who says he is prepared to finance the manufacture of a run of these...I will let you know the outcome.

Regards.
Paul Baber
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Paul Baber

Dear les.
Thanks for the info...I am working on a wealthy french enthusiast who says he is prepared to finance the manufacture of a run of these...I will let you know the outcome.

Regards.
Paul Baber
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Paul Baber

Dear les.

Regards.
Paul Baber