TRUNCATING THE MESSAGEBOARD

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Re: TRUNCATING THE MESSAGEBOARD

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Yang

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your concerns about the future of the site and my expenses!

The deletion of the messageboard is mainly to shorten the load time of the initial page of the bullitin board. Loading the 500K file hundreds of times a day from everyone checking the board hits my server pretty hard, and takes a while for dial-up users. I'm simply trying to give better service to everyone around the world.

Yes, the site costs me money, but time as well. I do it because it I have fun doing it, so I don't plan to stop. There's no need to worry about that. What I am going to do after I'm done with the 330 America is more an issue!

I certainly cannot afford to buy another Ferrari in boxes without selling my 330 America, so that's out of the question...for now. I'm hoping with my ever expanding reach of the website, I may find a forlorned Ferrari that the owner would be willing to let me have with the promise of seeing it restored and brought back from oblivion, but that would probably never happen.

Do you guys have any ideas how I'm going to spend my Fridays after the America is completed?

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Pete

Driving :) ... I hope!!!

Envious of your near completed restoration
Pete
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Pete

Driving :) ... I hope!!!

Envious of your near completed restoration
Pete
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jack Horner

Tom, you ask how you will spend your Fridays once the 330 America is completed.  Silly boy, you'll spend the time driving it.  We can gather a few of our cars and go for drives.  Even Dairy Queen is an excusable destination!  All the best and thanks to all who helped answer my questions on this site.  Jack Horner
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jack Horner

Tom, you ask how you will spend your Fridays once the 330 America is completed.  Silly boy, you'll spend the time driving it.  We can gather a few of our cars and go for drives.  Even Dairy Queen is an excusable destination!  All the best and thanks to all who helped answer my questions on this site.  Jack Horner
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Bernard

I too would hate to see all usefull information lost. Why not make this site a membership site with yearly dues; each member with a PIN to enter. Clean up all the junk and the jokers. Just an idea.Bernard
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Richard Hills

Tom,
As one Ferrari nut to another,  I have learned through my years of buying Ferrari's, there is only one mistake you can ever do, and that is to sell one, each one of them as beauty of its own.  So, when your all done, and have had all those Friday nights riding along, you will notice one thing, you got the bug, and that is you will want another one, its like no other car in the world, I promise you this, you will want another one, perhaps a more powerful/exotic one, or maybe one thats been called the most fun for the money (3series) or whatever it is that you'll want trust me you will want one more then another, so congrats to your website, when your cars is up and running, I will send congrats on that also, but trust me on a bigger picture, congrats on catching the bug, its only the begining, and make sure you never sell one these cars, their all worth keeping except for that 400i of idiot Ivan Komatch or whatever the *#@* his name is.
What a paine in the ass he is. Trust me he never as owned a Ferrari nor will he. He does not have the bug that you have caught! Congratulations, get the thing on the ROAD!
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Richard Hills

Tom,
As one Ferrari nut to another,  I have learned through my years of buying Ferrari's, there is only one mistake you can ever do, and that is to sell one, each one of them as beauty of its own.  So, when your all done, and have had all those Friday nights riding along, you will notice one thing, you got the bug, and that is you will want another one, its like no other car in the world, I promise you this, you will want another one, perhaps a more powerful/exotic one, or maybe one thats been called the most fun for the money (3series) or whatever it is that you'll want trust me you will want one more then another, so congrats to your website, when your cars is up and running, I will send congrats on that also, but trust me on a bigger picture, congrats on catching the bug, its only the begining, and make sure you never sell one these cars, their all worth keeping except for that 400i of idiot Ivan Komatch or whatever the *#@* his name is.
What a paine in the ass he is. Trust me he never as owned a Ferrari nor will he. He does not have the bug that you have caught! Congratulations, get the thing on the ROAD!
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the advice. I hope I never have to sell the America, but with life, you never know! I know I've got the bug, though, because I dream of owning another Ferrari all the time. In fact, I know exactly the project car, but I've just got to figure out how I can get it without selling!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the advice. I hope I never have to sell the America, but with life, you never know! I know I've got the bug, though, because I dream of owning another Ferrari all the time. In fact, I know exactly the project car, but I've just got to figure out how I can get it without selling!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hello All,

Here's an idea that I wanted to bounce off everyone. I could archive the whole Messageboard and save it to disk. If people want a copy, I can burn a CD of it, and they can look through it by opening it with their Internet browser. The search capability, however, won't work in this configuration.

Thoughts?

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Erik Nielsen (real name)

Tom:

To answer your question:

250 Lusso

And you know which one I'm talking about.

Regards,
Erik

(I should be in the city towards the end of Aug.  drinks for you and Yale are on me).

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Erik Nielsen (real name)

Tom:

To answer your question:

250 Lusso

And you know which one I'm talking about.

Regards,
Erik

(I should be in the city towards the end of Aug.  drinks for you and Yale are on me).

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Erik,

Ah yes, the Lusso. That elusive Lusso...

Now that you've promised publically, I'm going to hold you to it on the drinks!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Erik,

Ah yes, the Lusso. That elusive Lusso...

Now that you've promised publically, I'm going to hold you to it on the drinks!

Tom