GTE starter and rear parcel shelf

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

GTE starter and rear parcel shelf

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Luke Kowalski

1. Does anyone know if the starter is interchangeable with any other car? I do have the Marelli part number, but I was not able to find anything in the books I have. Looking at the logs of this site (Thanks, Tom), it looks like the headers and heat shields need to come off for the r&r of the starter.
2. Does the rear parcel shelf have the housing for the fan concealed under the leather, or is the grille and enclosure on top? I have seen it both ways, mine seems to be concealed. If anybody has a pic....

thx
luke, SF, CA 1963 250 GTE, drove it work today, what a blast !

wwwboard

Re: GTE starter and rear parcel shelf

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Andrew Brent

Hi,

I think you do not need to remove the headers to change the starter, just the starter heat sheild. Rear fan is over leather shelf with chrome grill on top. No pics now, but if you need them will take when I get back to car.

See you on Friday, will chat then. Will talk about Len's party also, remind me if I forget.

Regards,

Andrew.

wwwboard

Re: GTE starter and rear parcel shelf

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Luke Kowalski

Thanks ! My fan surround is not at all chrome and does not show a sign of being that way. It looks like it lived under the shelf most of its life and is not even finished properly. Hmmm...I might have to redo the rear shelf install if I find that all GTEs have the frame visible (the upholsterer is supposed to have it all done today).
Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it for the Saturday event, as I am only making the day trip for Friday. I would much prefer to see the races and attend the party rather than hang at the Wellesley Alumna family picnic, but hey.....
:)

luke, Belmont, CA
silver 63 Ferrari 250 GTE, the one with all the GTE scale models on the rear shelf.