Hose Help

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Hose Help

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Todd

Hi again,

Just in case someone is interested in using modern Earls, Russel, etc. hose on the oil system. I FINALLY located Aeroquip adapters at a local machine shop/hydraulic shop that take the place of the factory adapters that go into the oil ports in the various assemblies (M22 x 1.5P). This will allow me to use stainless braid hose and easily obtainable ends. I know that it is NOT original or Concours, but if you are working on getting a good driver in shape, this might be useful.
wwwboard

Re: Hose Help

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Oof_N_Goof

The critical end is the banjo fitting.....is that have the correct dimention....both thickness and the inside diameter?

I had the lower oil cooler line let loose, but could not locate the correct banjo fitting....as a result had to fork out a few bucks and get one Ferrari.....sheesh....50 bucks compared to 640...had I been able to get the fitting.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Todd

Luckily for me, my engine does not use banjo fittings on it and I am not using a stock Ferrari oil cooler, so I don't know where to get a non-Ferrari replacement.

Looks like we all, sooner or later, get to find out that Ferrari has always liked to use unique parts!
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Todd

Luckily for me, my engine does not use banjo fittings on it and I am not using a stock Ferrari oil cooler, so I don't know where to get a non-Ferrari replacement.

Looks like we all, sooner or later, get to find out that Ferrari has always liked to use unique parts!