About cars for Monterey this weekend.

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

About cars for Monterey this weekend.

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Enrique Landa

Gentleman,

A quick question, what will you be driving to Monterey this weekend? I was thinking about taking my GTC up for the events, but i am worried that it might not make the drive from southern California. I have not been to the events, so I was hoping who had gone could let me know how much one would want their classic ferrari at the event? does it make much of a difference and if you don't mind me asking will you be taking your cars up for the weekend?

Best,

Enrique Landa

wwwboard

Re: About cars for Monterey this weekend.

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

This sounds boring, but if it was just me, I'd bring my regular car.  The weekend can get pretty crowded, with lots things to see, and no one but you will know whose 330 is parked out in a lot somewhere.

However, if you plan your trip up 101 or PCH in a caravan with others (ferrari club, etc?), then you'll have others around to share the experience, and driving the vintage art would be great.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Keith

I agree with Deane that it gets pretty crowded in Monterey next weekend. I've been going to all the events there for 28 years and it gets worse every year. Just too much going on - but ALL fun. If you are confident in your car's mechanical condition, drive it. I must admit, however, I'm driving my 348 instead of the 330 and I'm only an hour away.  I don't recall getting an RSVP from you. Are we seeing you at the dinner on Saturday?
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Wayne Ausbrooks

How about you drive my '99 Porsche Carrera up and I drive your GTC? :P  Seriously, it's true that it's a nightmare up there, but I'd drive the vintage Ferrari if it were me.  Maybe that's just because I don't have one!  Anyway, if you drive it, let us know where you'll be so we can come over, say "Hi" and check it out.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by tim

How about those who are displaying on Friday marking their info card so we know who we are and perhaps recruit those who don't know of this site.  Perhaps "TY" in the upper right hand corner.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

I'll be the sunburned guy next to the blue 330GTS, centrally located between the beer stand and the porta-potties.
wwwboard

Deane: Were you there last year?

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Wayne

If so, I think I've got pics of your car.  Was it sitting next to a black 330 2+2?
wwwboard

Re: Deane: Were you there last year?

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

That was probably me.  There was one other blue Spyder there, for display only, also a local guy.

I'll tell you, when I painted my 330GTS tourbillon blue, I had no idea I'd see myself coming down the street at the Concorso!