WORTHLESS FERRARI's WHY ????

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

WORTHLESS FERRARI's WHY ????

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by James Carter

Hello People,
My father owned a 250GTE in the 1960s and then followed it with a 330 2+2.  After his Italian affair he became a Jaguar nut (V12 2+2 E type).
My question is this - Why are the Ferrari 2+2 car so worthless?  I say worthless because by the time you perform an engine rebuild, do a bit of cosmetic repair (ie paint or interrior) the car is worth less than the cost of these repairs.
Why are they so worthless?
The 250 Lusso had a similar engine to the 250GTE and it is worth a fortune.  Why is this so?
I feel very cheated that the Ferrari I am set to inherit is worthless!
Is it because these cars are all V12s?  I know the BMW 750iL is also worthless if you use the same formula.
Why is this so????
I am very dissappointed that the 2+2 cars are so undesired.  My father met Enzo once and he was pleased that my father had a 2+2.  Enzo even commented that the 2+2 will always hold it value better than the other 2 seaters.  This is simply not the case.  The 2+2 cars were built to the same standards as the other cars.
Please excuse my english as Italian is my first language.  &nbsp
wwwboard

Re: WORTHLESS FERRARI's WHY ????

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Pete

Cars are valued, especially classics, on what makes the heart race. Thus the racey, 2 seater, more exciting Ferraris (especially if the car has race history) command the most money.

Unfortunately practicality is not part of the equation. If it was, then Ferrari's would not be worth much at all, and cars like Fiat 125's would be the go.

I think you are lucky to inherit any Ferrari, as then you don't have to take into the equation the purchase price ... thus any restoration work will simply be adding to the cars value.

Pete
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Andrew Brent

Yep, V12's are worthless. Particulary 2+2 Ferrari's. You are right. You should donate the car to the eye-talian equivalent of the salvation army. If you can't find one in your area, ship the car to LA and I will gladly take it off you hands for the price of a nice pasta side dish round the corner at the Palm. I assume you know where that restaurant is?

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Bill

It is all a matter of supply and demand. Unfortunately, for the 2+2 lovers amoung us . . . there happens to be fewer people in the world, interested in purchasing and maintaining ANY old Ferrari, than there are Ferraris.  Since most of those people seem to gravitate to the race oriented 2 seaters, the 2+2s find themselves in the "MORE supply, than demand" situation.

It just a numbers game.  If there were either fewer Ferraris, all together, OR more Ferrari enthusiasts, then the situation would be different.  We just need alot more, willing Ferrari owners!
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Yale

Hey Folks,

Please avoid getting involved with or answering any of  the foolishness from the out of work fellow who has the time to write silly email questions to the board and then answer them (see Bill Rose.com).

Cheers. Yale &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Yale

Hey Folks,

Please avoid getting involved with or answering any of  the foolishness from the out of work fellow who has the time to write silly email questions to the board and then answer them (see Bill Rose.com).

Cheers. Yale &nbsp
wwwboard

WORTHLESS TRANSPARENT IDIOT, WHY????

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Giacomo Carterini (TTA)

Amazing really, that you can still get people to respond...

TTA
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Bill Clinton

You mean you didnt get a free life times supply of Ferrari's after you left the white house, geez next you'll be telling us you didnt get head of an intern.
as you out of work why dont you get a life and do somehting for the rest of humanity, either go work for a charity, or put you head in a gas oven
wwwboard

Stranger than fiction

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by TTA

Oh my, our little friend is now answering his own questions.  I hate to admit it but, I'm actually starting to feel sorry for you.  

This is your whole life, isn't it little fella?
wwwboard

Stranger than fiction

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by TTA

Oh my, our little friend is now answering his own questions.  I hate to admit it but, I'm actually starting to feel sorry for you.  

This is your whole life, isn't it little fella?