no Concorso for me !

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

no Concorso for me !

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Luke Kowalski

It seems that my T/O bearing, or something related to the pressure plate/flywheel went out the day before the show. On the way back from the upholsterer, with the car all cleaned up, it started making a horriffic noise, sort of a loose fan belt from hell chatter, changing in pitch when I depressed the clutch. Some smoke from under the hood convinced me to pull over and call a flatbed. She would not even start later (ring gear?).

I will not be at the Concorso, so now you all are gonna think that I am the same idiot posting under badly faked aliases, and that I have no Ferrari at all. Until the next show, that is...
I could trailer it, but I happen to think that it would be lame.
As dissapointing as this is, this will be an opportunity to work out all the bugs before the next big trip, and to lighten my wallet further.
:)

thx
luke, SF, CA

wwwboard

Re: no Concorso for me !

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Andrew Brent

Bummer.

I actually was looking forward to seeing your car and meeting you. There was a largeish space amongst the GTE's which were there and I did assume that it was for your car. If you made the dinner on Saturday, sorry I did not.

I'm sure that you will make it next year.

Regards,

Andrew.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Luke Kowalski

I considered going as a spectator, but after I read the fine print and realized I would have to buy an additional spectator ticket (no provision for breakdowns), I decided to hang out with my fam, instead.
Sept 14th is the FCA San Francisco Zoo/Wine/Jazz/Ferraris event (never been, trying to get info), and Oct 13th is the Alemeda Special Olympics Italian car show. The latter event is quite low key, but always gets an amazing number of alfas, fiats, ducatis, masers, and others. And it is for charity.
I will be at both events if I have to push the bloody car myself.
If anyone is interested, pleaseiInquire if you want more details about Alameda.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Luke Kowalski

I considered going as a spectator, but after I read the fine print and realized I would have to buy an additional spectator ticket (no provision for breakdowns), I decided to hang out with my fam, instead.
Sept 14th is the FCA San Francisco Zoo/Wine/Jazz/Ferraris event (never been, trying to get info), and Oct 13th is the Alemeda Special Olympics Italian car show. The latter event is quite low key, but always gets an amazing number of alfas, fiats, ducatis, masers, and others. And it is for charity.
I will be at both events if I have to push the bloody car myself.
If anyone is interested, pleaseiInquire if you want more details about Alameda.