1963 Ferrari 250 GTE SN #4305

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

1963 Ferrari 250 GTE SN #4305

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Scott Schering

I just noticed this car on the Auction list and thought somone here might be interested..
1963 Ferrari 250 GTE at Monterey Auction
wwwboard

Re: 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE SN #4305

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Allan A

Car sold last night for $41,500.00 plus buyer 8%. Car was in ok condition, seemed a little high!
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Luke Kowalski

Not really high. I looked for 2 years for mine and drivers were always in the high 30s- low 40s, while restored cars were 50s and even 60s, particularly in Europe. There are a bunch advertised for $75K (Seattle car, Baber car), but they have not sold yet.
If you see the last 2 restored cars that sold at auction in Europe (look them up in Keith Martin's database), they went for more than 50K.
Even total resto candidates will sell for 20s (Freshman car) and low 30s (E-Bay). A high of $45K for that car is grossly inaccurate and unrealistic. Most of them go fast. The collector car market did not slump with the economy. Perhaps because V12 Ferraris look like a pretty good investment compared to the stock market right now...

thx
luke
63 250 GTE
http://www.guigui.com/250gte.htm
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Luke Kowalski

Not really high. I looked for 2 years for mine and drivers were always in the high 30s- low 40s, while restored cars were 50s and even 60s, particularly in Europe. There are a bunch advertised for $75K (Seattle car, Baber car), but they have not sold yet.
If you see the last 2 restored cars that sold at auction in Europe (look them up in Keith Martin's database), they went for more than 50K.
Even total resto candidates will sell for 20s (Freshman car) and low 30s (E-Bay). A high of $45K for that car is grossly inaccurate and unrealistic. Most of them go fast. The collector car market did not slump with the economy. Perhaps because V12 Ferraris look like a pretty good investment compared to the stock market right now...

thx
luke
63 250 GTE
http://www.guigui.com/250gte.htm
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Allan A

Luke,

I realize you own one of these. So if you want to try and pump the price be my guest. Did you see the car, that's right your 250 GTE is still on the rack...........
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Allan A

Luke,

I realize you own one of these. So if you want to try and pump the price be my guest. Did you see the car, that's right your 250 GTE is still on the rack...........
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Allan A

Luke,

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Luke Kowalski

You are the guy who wasted my time. You were interested in buying a GTE before you changed your mind to buy a muscle car.
I made calls, researched cars in Len's database, shared with you an inspection report, chased down a couple of leads. And you had expected all of this done for free, even if it resulted in the purchase of a car (I requested a donation for my resto fund).

I had a couple of guys like you come to my house when I sold the 308 GT4. Tire kicking dreamers who were interested in oferring half of the asking price after a spirited test drive.
Stick to Chevys, Allan, or quit flaming me after my 17 month old lept me up the ntire night.

luke

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Luke Kowalski

You are the guy who wasted my time. You were interested in buying a GTE before you changed your mind to buy a muscle car.
I made calls, researched cars in Len's database, shared with you an inspection report, chased down a couple of leads. And you had expected all of this done for free, even if it resulted in the purchase of a car (I requested a donation for my resto fund).

I had a couple of guys like you come to my house when I sold the 308 GT4. Tire kicking dreamers who were interested in oferring half of the asking price after a spirited test drive.
Stick to Chevys, Allan, or quit flaming me after my 17 month old lept me up the ntire night.

luke

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Luke Kowalski

luke

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Allan A

Luke,

You must have had a bad night, insults. I am the type of guy who would pull over and help any car owner out, you are the type who wants to be paid.... There is a big difference my friend! I know you car and if I see it on the side of the road I will not be stopping to help.... Think about it
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Allan A

Luke,

You must have had a bad night, insults. I am the type of guy who would pull over and help any car owner out, you are the type who wants to be paid.... There is a big difference my friend! I know you car and if I see it on the side of the road I will not be stopping to help.... Think about it
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Allan A

Luke,

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Luke Kowalski

I can help you, and I have spent nights in friends' garages pulling Alfa heads, fitting E-type hoods, and locating parts at junkyards. Usually, all I got in return was a beer and I was happy.
But when I see a person who is not serious and wants something for nothing, I do ask for a voluntary finder's fee if I spend more than a couple of hours on a search.
And next time my car breaks down, I will use the cell phone. Keep driving on by.
Should you find a perfect concours GTE for $40K, do post back, I would be surprised, and I will post an apology and a retraction of what I thought were realistic selling prices.

thx
luke

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Luke Kowalski

I can help you, and I have spent nights in friends' garages pulling Alfa heads, fitting E-type hoods, and locating parts at junkyards. Usually, all I got in return was a beer and I was happy.
But when I see a person who is not serious and wants something for nothing, I do ask for a voluntary finder's fee if I spend more than a couple of hours on a search.
And next time my car breaks down, I will use the cell phone. Keep driving on by.
Should you find a perfect concours GTE for $40K, do post back, I would be surprised, and I will post an apology and a retraction of what I thought were realistic selling prices.

thx
luke