Driving a Series 1 and a Series 2

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Driving a Series 1 and a Series 2

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Yale

Jack Horner just wrote about my trunk water issue and I am reminded that we participated in a feature for Forza Magazine on "Four Seat Ferraris" and got to drive each others cars, albeit for only 10 minutes or so. However, what shocked the hell out of me was how different my Series 1 was from his 2 headlight Series 2. Who knows, given that these are 40 year old hand built cars that have gone through years of different people mucking about with them, how different they would have been when new. But what I noticed was, along with the fact that Jack's clutch takes the strength of 10 men to depress and that his brakes act like modern brakes and my cars woolly twin booster system is adequate enough to lock up all four wheels but in no way feels modern, that his car feels more luxurious while my earlier car feels more rough and pliable. I imagine by the time they were making the later 330s the cars were going more towards the feel of the Superfast and the 365 2+2. Has anyone else driven both the early and late models?

I would also think that given more time with the cars we would maybe get used to the differences and they would seem more alike then at first blush.
wwwboard

Re: Driving a Series 1 and a Series 2

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Wilson

When was the Forza article?  I would like to see it.  Also, how does driving your series I 330 GTE compare to the 250 GTE?
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Yale

Article is not out yet and I have never driven a 250 GTE. Best Yale
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Yale

Article is not out yet and I have never driven a 250 GTE. Best Yale