Voltage Regulator

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Voltage Regulator

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Charlie Dodge

The alternator on my series 2 330 kicked the bucket the other day.  A quick trip to North Shore Auto Electric revealed that a brush holder had failed.  The alternator was rebuilt.  Now that it is reinstalled, my charging system still doesn't work.  I removed the pos terminal on the battery while the engine was running.  With a functional charging system this should have no effect.  My engine died.  I suspect that my voltage regulator was taken out by the alternator when it died.  I intend to replace it but I can't tell where it is hiding.  Does anyone know where I should start looking?
wwwboard

Re: Voltage Regulator

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Keith

Charlie,

I have one for sale on ebay. Does this look like yours?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 85366&rd=1

Keith
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Charlie Dodge

Thanks for a quick reply Keith.  I would be happy to tell you if the regulator you have listed on ebay in any way resembles mine.  Unfortunately I am not sure where mine is mounted in the car.  When I find it, I will let you know.  Thanks again.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Charlie Dodge

Thanks for a quick reply Keith.  I would be happy to tell you if the regulator you have listed on ebay in any way resembles mine.  Unfortunately I am not sure where mine is mounted in the car.  When I find it, I will let you know.  Thanks again.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Charlie,

It is probably located up on the passenger side of the firewall behind the glove box. I'd try there first.

Hey, any more pictures and story on your car for the owner's gallery?

Tom