Mcburnie daytona parts

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Mcburnie daytona parts

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by dennis

Hi,  I came across your site.  I too have a Mcburnie daytona built on a 69 corvette, 4 speed.  It's a complete car, except for the dash gage insert and the heater/defrost levers.

Also the previous owner took out the ferrari seats and replaced them with BMW seats.

Does anyone have a source for the dash gage insert and levers?  Replica seats?

I do have a source for the front turn signal lenses (but they're not cheap!)

Dennis

wwwboard

Re: Mcburnie daytona parts

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Dave Taber

Dennis, If you are looking for the dash center air control switches (4 lever) two defrost and two tempreture, I found sort of found them (new) with Dennis McCann (allferrariparts.com) of Westerville, Ohio . All four have to be modified as all that are available are the temp. and they are not correct. You will have to strip and relable the defrost swtiches. If you need help please e-mail. Several people said that they have some of the temp. switches at around $75, but Dennis was cheaper and a few said that they had the defrost at even higher prices. Used do not seem to be a good idea as the plastic will crack after the years  and the chrome will peel off. They were used in one style or another from 1968 - to early 80's. I have a '68 McBurnie Spyder that I am rebuilding and detailing on a '68 Vette chassis with a modified 350, 4spd., pretty good daytona dash and seats, correct outside door handles and locks, covered headlights, Dayton wires etc. I cannot find the person that did the work out West so I am starting from scratch. I e-mailed Tom McBurnie and he does not have any parts left??? I need a drivers inside door handle?  Advise, dt