330 gtc hood support bolts

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Steve Meltzer

330 gtc hood support bolts

Post by Steve Meltzer »

what is the correct finish/color for the bolts that attach the hood hinges, springs, etc on a GTC? ditto the underside of the hood? black semi gloss? thanx. s
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
tyang

Re: 330 gtc hood support bolts

Post by tyang »

Hi Steve,

I usually go with white cad plating, but I've also seen some fasteners in black oxide. Not many fasteners on these cars were painted, unless they were painted over after assembly like steering box bolts.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

As always, thanx again. s
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
peterp

Post by peterp »

It's a bit "apples and oranges", I know, but Kerry's "finishes" page for the 330 GT is a work of art -> http://www.330gt.com/Encyclopedia/Finishes.htm

It always surprises me how many differences there are between the GTC and the GT (or between the series 1 and series 2 GT's for that matter), but I think there are a lot of parallels on finishes. For the the hood support specifically, I would think silver cad also.
Peter P
1966 330 2+2 series 2 #8169
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

thanx Peter....Kerry's work is a treasure...the bible for us. thanx agian.
steve meltzer,
5speed

Post by 5speed »

Steve,
The 330 GTC/GTS As Built Manual documents the finish on these bolts. They can be either silver CAD or Black Oxide. The most common found finish is CAD. The 330 GTS/GTC As Built Manual can be down loaded from Ferrari Club Of America web site
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

not only can it downloaded from the 'net, but if i weren't so ^&%^#^& lazy, i could've looked on my workbench and found it right there. thanx steve
steve meltzer,