Cinturato tire pressure?

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

NOTRED

Cinturato tire pressure?

Post by NOTRED »

I have just mounted 5 new Pirelli Cinturato 185x15 now available from Longstone Tres in GB. I plan on going with the factory front 28lb and rear 33lb. Has anybody put some good miles yet on these newly released tires to confirm best pressure?
C
Timo

Re: Cinturato tire pressure?

Post by Timo »

I can't recall experience with these particular tires on any specific car, but during past 40+ years of owning, restoring and driving several hundred thousand combined miles with large variety of vintage cars, I've come to understand that in most cases, "factory/OEM" tire pressure recommendations are just that, recommendations, and not necessarily best or ideal for every car, load, driver, road or weather condition, etc.

Regardless of make or model of the car, I usually start with them, but end up trying different settings to find what I feel being the best/ideal for that particular car and/or the type of driving, loads, road conditions, etc it's mostly intended or used for and have found some requiring as much as nearly 50% change from "recommended" to be ideal.

None of this of course really matters on cars that are destined to accumulate only few hundred (or less) annual miles of mostly mild mannered driving.
For those, I believe factory or tire manufacturer recommendations are adequate enough.
Timo
Tom Wilson

Re: Cinturato tire pressure?

Post by Tom Wilson »

C - How are you liking the tires? It is time for a new set for me.
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com