Please Help me ID this Ferrari Hood

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Steve Meltzer

Please Help me ID this Ferrari Hood

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Bought this years ago with some other parts and would like to sell it, but not sure where it came from. It's aluminium (OK, i'm not sure it came from a car registered in the UK). As the photos show, the hood latch is stamped "935", but a paper tag says "3302"...not a street car. OK, sleuths go at it. thanx steve meltzer
Attachments
hood for TYA.jpg
IMG_3368.jpg
IMG_3361.jpg
IMG_3359.jpg
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
B24Spider

Re: Please Help me ID this Ferrari Hood

Post by B24Spider »

The 935 would be an internal PF number. The padding says street car, not competition. The slightly damaged tag reads "330 (space) 2", but my wife (hey, she's a retired nurse, she spent her career deciphering doctors' notes) thinks she sees an x between the 0 and the two, and, was there more after the 2 maybe?

I wouldn't recognize a 330 hood myself, so I'll leave that to someone else.
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Hey B24S we now believe that the tag says "330 2+2" so your wife was on it. The PF number corresponds to VIN 6137, a 4HL 2+2, known to be wreecked. However, I must take issue with your implication that doctors have difficult to read handwriting; some of us have totally illegible scrawls that even we can decipher. thanx again. st4eve
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

arrgghh..I meant can't decipher....can't write, can't type, can't spell, etc. steve
steve meltzer,
B24Spider

Post by B24Spider »

As I was saying...

Truth is, it's usually my own notes I need her help to read. My inspiration was my artist fathers' signature. I have surpassed him.

-Steve