plastic reservoir bottles

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

enio45

plastic reservoir bottles

Post by enio45 »

I have been finishing up a GTC for a client where we did a complete restoration.....we would call it a 1000 point resto.

I replaced all three of the reservoir bottles that hold the brake fluid for the clutch and the 2 for the brake master cylinder.

For some days we have had brake and clutch bleeding issues.....as we started to diagnose the problems, we removed the new bottles and inspected them for restriction of fluid. Low and behold - each bottle had residual plastic material or insufficiently bored opening for the exit port on the bottles. I looked them over carefully for other signs of issues, these had no names or logo's on them. I reached for the originals that i had and they had STAR and a star logo on the bottles as part of the plastic mold process. i ordered 3 new ones from GT car parts and they came in with the STAR logo and the exit ports were large and clear.

Once again - dont assume your replacement parts are plug and play - look them over, study them and decide if they are sufficient for what you need.
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289
58 Ellena - 0855GT - orig drivetrain
87 El Camino SS